CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  In explorer. Ip address is not shown

Posted Oct 23, 2014 09:16 AM

In explorer, large amount of pcs are without ip address. Instead mac address is shown. Is there any way to revert the mac address to ip address.

• 2.  Re: In explorer. Ip address is not shown

Posted Oct 24, 2014 08:25 AM

I doubt the MAC is showing up under the IP Address column. I'd bet you are seeing the IPv6 address of the machine

• 3.  Re: In explorer. Ip address is not shown

Posted Oct 24, 2014 08:34 AM

Shocko,

you are  correct.This is ipv6 address shown under the ip address column.  Is there any option to get the ip address.

ipissue.png

• 4.  Re: In explorer. Ip address is not shown

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 24, 2014 08:40 AM

You need to open a support issue as you may need this fix.

PRODUCT: Desktop and Server Management                   RELEASE: 12.5SP1

PROB #:  2639      FN: T5I1367    FT: D5J        DATE:    10 Oct 2012

STARTRAK PRODUCT NAME: DTSVMG (Star Problem Product)

PROBLEM SYMPTOM: WIN-LINK-LOCAL ADDRESS SHOWN AS DEFAULT ADDRESS.

• 5.  Re: In explorer. Ip address is not shown

Posted Oct 24, 2014 08:43 AM

I believe you only want the IPv4 address to be shown here correct? I don't think it's possible. A machine can have multiple IPv4 and Ipv6 addresses assigned to it. the amagent scanner collects all and stores in a space separated string in the DB as far as I can recall. The GUI simply shows the first 'item' in that string. Also, since the addresses seem to be entered lexicographically, the IPv6 address will be at the head of the list hence it's shown here . perhaps someone from CA could comment on whether its possible not to collect the IPv6 address?

PS: for this exact reason and the fact that we do not use Ipv6 we scripted unbinding it from the NIC on all desktop machines. This does not disable the IPv6 stack but prevents any NICs having an IPv6 address.

• 6.  Re: In explorer. Ip address is not shown

Posted Oct 30, 2014 04:46 AM

Hi Sahaya,

You may edit your Configuration policy.

Under

The DSM Explorer › Control Panel › Configuration Folder › Configuration Policy › Default Computer Policy (or User-Defined Policy) Node › Common Components Policy Group › Networking Policy Group › General Policy Group (Networking)

Set

Enable IPv6 resolution parameter to Disabled