CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Create parameterized OS image (i.e. Windows 7 with Web Browsers + Adobe Reader)

Posted Dec 04, 2014 07:43 AM

Hello,

Does anyone has a instruction to create parameterized OS image - i.e. Windows 7 with Web Browsers and Adobe Reader? Of course in DSM Explorer / IT Client Automation r12.8.

How i have tot prepare it and how i can deploy it on prepared laptop (with OSIM).

Regards,

Jack

• 2.  Re: Create parameterized OS image (i.e. Windows 7 with Web Browsers + Adobe Reader)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 04, 2014 08:12 AM

Hi

For an example of how to add parameters to an OS Image please see TEC533010.

If you are looking for how to create an image with other applications installed then please refer to the OSIM admin guide Chapter 7 "OSIM Images Using ImageX and Ghost 32"

regards

Rich

• 3.  Re: Create parameterized OS image (i.e. Windows 7 with Web Browsers + Adobe Reader)

Posted Dec 04, 2014 08:27 AM

Hello Rich,

With this option, presenting in TEC533010 document, i can add every software? i.e. new Web Browsers, Adobe, Codecs, Players etc. etc.?

Additionally, does exist any document with creating software packages in DSM Explorer? i.e. Chrome + Adobe Acrobat Reader + WinRar?

Regards,

Jack

• 4.  Re: Create parameterized OS image (i.e. Windows 7 with Web Browsers + Adobe Reader)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 04, 2014 08:44 AM

HI Jack

You use the parameters to customise the Operating system. You can configure anything that the OS itself supports for the unattended installation for specific instructions on how to configure the parameters in the unattended response file you should refer to the OS documentation supplied with the AIK or ADK.

For instructions on how to create software packages please refer to the Software Delivery Administration Guide

regards

Rich