CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Asset Collection after Migration from one old DM to new DM.

Posted Aug 05, 2014 05:35 AM

Hi,

We have Migrated all our Devices from one DM (12.5 SP1) to a new DM (12.5 SP1) which is located in a new Datacentre.

We had some issues with Scalability Servers (71 Servers over various remote locations) due to a Policy causing almost all the items to show they were not connected to a Scalability Server but we have now fixed this issue and all devices are connected to their local SS.

But on checking we have very minimal Hardware Inventory data showing on all devices and need to run a full recollect.

I have tried on one site the GUI “Asset Job> Activate Job Check> and selected all 3 options to collect full Hardware and Software, but this has not made any difference.

On checking in the community I found the Command Line option to run on the local agent “caf start amagent args /RESCAN_INVENTORY /RESCAN_SOFTWARE /COLLECT”, I have added this scrip to a Package and sent it to another port as a SD Job, the job was run successfully and the collection was completed, but this has also not made any difference.

I have also seen on the community that if you removed the BAK directory from ...CA\DSM\Agent\units\00000001\uam that this will also force a Full Asset rescan.   Can anyone confirm that this will work and force a recollect to the DM as I do not want to start deleting directory’s on devices unless this is the only option left?

Any help would be appreciated.

Colin

• 2.  Re: Asset Collection after Migration from one old DM to new DM.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 06, 2014 12:10 AM

Hi Colin,

Could you please check the status of the respective Scalability Server's Collect Task. Make sure that it completes a full cycle with the latest last run time.

Regards,

Samad

• 3.  Re: Asset Collection after Migration from one old DM to new DM.

Posted Aug 07, 2014 03:49 AM

HI,

Was out of the office Yesterday, will have a look at this today... but I beleve the respective Scalability Servers Collection Tasks are collecting OK.

• 4.  Re: Asset Collection after Migration from one old DM to new DM.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 07, 2014 02:31 AM

Hi Colin,

Running an Activate job check with the 3 options selected is essentially running the “caf start amagent args /RESCAN_INVENTORY /RESCAN_SOFTWARE /COLLECT” command. Removing the BAK folder will do the same as well.

As Samad outlined, please check if the full collect cyle has been run on the SS.

Regards,

Lenny

• 5.  Re: Asset Collection after Migration from one old DM to new DM.

Posted Aug 07, 2014 03:54 AM

HI,

As per my response to Samad, I was out the office...  I will have a look at the Full Collection Cycles and will check one of our ports and look at removing the BAK Folder to see if this then starts reporting back.

Will Update in a day of so as I will need to allow the system to run through its collection tasks.

Colin

• 6.  Re: Asset Collection after Migration from one old DM to new DM.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 07, 2014 03:20 PM

Hello Colin,

In order to remove the directory BAK you could use a AM job (type script) which contains this line :

DeleteTree(ComputerPath+"BAK")

Set the scheduling of this script to "Run only once" and assign this job to machines with problem (incomplete inventory).

Jean-Yves

• 7.  Re: Asset Collection after Migration from one old DM to new DM.

Posted Aug 08, 2014 03:38 AM

Thanks for this the removal of the BAK file has resolved the issue I will see if I can run this as an AM Job as advised by Jean-Yves...

will make as "correct answer" once I have completed a test.

Colin

• 8.  Re: Asset Collection after Migration from one old DM to new DM.

Posted Aug 11, 2014 05:31 AM

Hi, Jean-Yves

DeleteTree and DelTree have been removed from Windows 7 and Serveer 2008 so I have had to use the RD command to get around this..

AM Job Type (Command)

RD /s /q "[ComputerPath]\BAK" Link this to any affected devices and the job will remove the directory and force the agent to rerun a full asset scan and recollect.

Regards

Colin