CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Deploy

Posted Jun 12, 2014 12:52 PM

Hi Everybody, I'm new with ITCM and I need your help.

My questions is, can i create a agent or something like a script to deploy it?

If i can, where can i do that script? "DSM Scripting Editor Debugger? and  how can the DSM Explorer take it like a agent?

Thanks for the support.

Regards.

• 2.  RE: Deploy

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 13, 2014 03:06 AM

Hi,

I understand that you wish to install ITCM Agents on the target systems. The ITCM Manager (DSM Explorer)  provides you the ability to deploy agents to the remote targets.
    You can use the Infrastructure Deployment Wizard to do the same. It is availble under Control Panel > Deployment > Infrastructure Deployment Wizard on the DSM Explorer.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
    Samad

• 3.  Re: Deploy

Posted Jun 16, 2014 10:43 AM

Hi Abdul, first of all, thanks for the help!

I have like 2 months ago with the ITCM tool, so i know how deploy an agent, my question is if can i create a new agent or something like that, like a .bat, created by me and then send it like a software job.

• 4.  RE: Deploy

Posted Jun 13, 2014 03:44 AM

Hi ogonzalez22,

As you observed we can do the DMS scripting from the "DSM Scripting Editor Debugger". But, also if you want to use this as a agent, you need to use in the Wizard and try to deploy it from the explorer.
    Or you can use the same agent files and make it into a single "exe" file using any software packager app like Wise or install shield. Then you can install that exe file in any of the computers. Once it was installed successfully, the reporting server for that computer needs to be updated. Accordingly it will recognize as an agent in ITCM.

Hope this will help in your test.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
    Rao.

• 5.  Re: Deploy

Posted Jun 16, 2014 11:01 AM

Hi HanumanthaRao, thanks for the reply and your help.

I tell you that I created a .bat file, with some commands that i have to prove I my company needs, then, in the explorer > Software,  I imported that .bat and filled all required fields like new volume and new procedure, so now I can find my file in > software > all softwares, with this, i can do right click onto my file, and click in deploy it. Made this, i can find my deploy in software jobs tab.

What do you think about this? please, any suggestions, tell me them.

Regards.

• 6.  Re: Deploy

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 16, 2014 11:04 AM

can you clarify the exact requirement here.. Can you help us to understand what you are trying to achieve so we can fully advise here.

• 7.  Re: Deploy

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 17, 2014 01:03 AM

Hi,

To help you with this query, I would advise you to open a support ticket.

Regards,

Samad