CA Client Automation

View Only
  • 1.  contentupdate.ca.com

Posted Jun 19, 2019 02:42 AM

Hi,

Is there anybody that knows if there is problem with contentupdate.ca.com?

I have four DM and everyone get download error Default Software Contents Download Job.

I have found an old article with the same error as I get and tried surfing to both http://contentupdate.ca.com:443/igsponsor and http://contentupdate.ca.com:5250/igsponsor and get back that the webpage doesn't work.

Is this article relevant or how can I check if I can contact contentupdate.ca.com?

Regards,

Per-Anders

• 2.  RE: contentupdate.ca.com

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 19, 2019 05:13 AM

Hi Per-Anders,

As we have moved our CA Content Update Service application to the new infrastructure in Broadcom, the CIC\conf\Config.xml file may need an update.

The existing unitId value in Config.xml file can be removed and then the file can be saved. Please perform this change only if you notice a content download failure and if you see an "invalid unit id" error in the CIC\logs\CIC.log file.

Rgds,

Steve.

• 3.  RE: contentupdate.ca.com

Posted Jun 19, 2019 06:02 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Steve,

The first error I can see in CIC.log when I run Software Content Download Job is "Error detected in checkACMEStatus_1_0 args=[applicationId="B1B13849-08D1-4DA6-91EA-2D278E5F00CC"]". It is the same on all servers.

I can't find "invalid unit id" in CIC.log

Regards,

Per-Anders

• 4.  RE: contentupdate.ca.com
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 19, 2019 06:02 AM

Hi Per-Anders,

It looks like we are having problems with the name resolution.

Please try "contentupdate.broadcom.com"2

Rgds,

Steve.

• 5.  RE: contentupdate.ca.com

Posted Jun 19, 2019 08:16 AM

Hi Steve,

I added "192.19.232.217        contentupdate.ca.com" to the hosts file and now it is working again.

192.19.232.217 = contentupdate.broadcom.com

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Per-Anders