Automic Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Installing CAPKI on Linux Agent server x64

• 1.  Installing CAPKI on Linux Agent server x64

Posted Nov 03, 2020 03:11 PM
    I just had the Unix SA install CAPKI on a Linux Agent server using command: ./setup install caller=automic veryverbose env=all as root.  There were no errors.

The server was rebooted.  However, I looked at the ini file for the service manager and it does not show any updates.  I also searched for the pem files and do not see them in the ServiceManager folder.  ​
    Did a find under /opt and found no .pem file.

I also started SMDi 12.2 and it shows the connection as unsecured.

What did I miss?

• 2.  RE: Installing CAPKI on Linux Agent server x64

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 04, 2020 01:43 AM
    Hi Lester,

Did you add the below path on the profile of the User who started the Service Manager process?

• export CASHCOMP=/opt/CA/SharedComponents

If not try to add it, execute the Service Manager and see if the .pem is generated.

Best regards,
    Brian

• 3.  RE: Installing CAPKI on Linux Agent server x64

Posted Nov 04, 2020 08:48 AM
    You need to set

CAPKIHOME=<ActualPath>/CAPKI

And then run service manager.

Regards
    Pothen

• 4.  RE: Installing CAPKI on Linux Agent server x64

Posted Nov 04, 2020 01:31 PM
    set CAPKIHOME or CASHCOMP?  nothing in the instructions says to set CAPKIHOME.  Just want to clarify.​

• 5.  RE: Installing CAPKI on Linux Agent server x64

Posted Nov 04, 2020 08:12 PM
    Either one should work. CASHHOME is documented, but CAPKIHOME is not.

• 6.  RE: Installing CAPKI on Linux Agent server x64

Posted Nov 04, 2020 07:52 PM
    I did add CAPKIHOME and stop and started service manager and that did not correct the problem.  no pem or update to the servicemanager ini file.​

• 7.  RE: Installing CAPKI on Linux Agent server x64

Posted Nov 04, 2020 08:16 PM
    How are u starting the SMgr? Is it via automicsm? If so then set CAPKIHOME within that script.

• 8.  RE: Installing CAPKI on Linux Agent server x64

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 05, 2020 12:24 AM
    Hi Lester,

Can you list all the files from the bin folder of the Service Manager installation path?

or you can check if you modified or copied the INI files ucybsmgr.ori.ini to ucybsmgr.ini and you should do the same for the uc4.ori.smd to uc4.smd.

Best regards,
    Brian

• 9.  RE: Installing CAPKI on Linux Agent server x64

Posted Nov 05, 2020 04:44 PM
    all the files are dated 9/nn/2018 with the exception of backup files for uc4.smc and uc4.smd and the ucybsmgr.ini dated 9/28/2020.  That was when the agent was installed with the Service manager.  CAPKI was installed on 11/3/2020.

• 10.  RE: Installing CAPKI on Linux Agent server x64

Posted Nov 05, 2020 04:47 PM
    I killed the service manager and agent processes and manually started the SM using the nohup ./ucybsmgr SND & command.  When the server is rebooted, it executes the automic_startsmgr.sh script in the /usr/local/bin.

• 11.  RE: Installing CAPKI on Linux Agent server x64

Posted Nov 04, 2020 01:30 PM
    I did not but since I ran with env=all, the ​instructions states:
    • env=<none|user|all> (UNIX only)

Enables the setting of the CASHCOMP environment variable for a specific user.

Values allowed:

none: (default - login must be root) do not set environment variables

user: set environment variables for the current user only ($HOME/.profile)

all: (login must be root) set the environment variable for all users

I also echo $CASHCOMP and it contains
     echo $CASHCOMP
    /opt/CA/SharedComponents

the /etc/profile contains the set up for the env.

test -r /etc/profile.CA && { CA_SECTION=ccs; export CA_SECTION; . /etc/profile.CA; unset CA_SECTION; } # Added by Computer Associates

I have stopped and started service manager and nothing has changed.

• 12.  RE: Installing CAPKI on Linux Agent server x64

Posted Nov 06, 2020 02:35 AM
    I had opened the ticket and it took about almost an hour to resolve.  The root cause seems to be that somehow when the Service Manager was installed, there are five files that should be links.  They were physical files.  libgcc_s.so, libssp.so, libssp.so.0, libstdc++.so and libstdc++so.6.  I untarred the installation file and this time these files shows as links.  after restarting the service manager, the two certificate files were created.  Thanks all for your input, but this was a head scratcher.  The fact that these were physical files instead of link, did not stop the Service Manager from operating properly until I installed CA.PKI.  I believe all of our Service Manager has the same issue in that they are physical files and not links.