Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  How can I control PromptSet element visibility?

Posted Jul 10, 2020 02:08 PM
    Good afternoon.  I have a job that requires user input - so I am looking to use PromptSets.  

Is there a way to have elements enabled (visible) or disabled (invisible) based on user input?   

For example:
    Some property owners may only have a lot number and rural address while they await their home to be built.   While other property owners, who already have a home built, have a full civic address.    In my PromptSet I want to use a combobox to force users to select a property type; either LOT or CIVIC. 
    When the property combobox is empty, I want none of the LOT or CIVIC elements be shown.
    When the property combobox is set to "LOT" then only textboxes for  Lot Number, Township, Planning number are shown.
    When the property combobox is set to "CIVIC" then only textboxes for Civic Number and Street Name and combobox for Street Type are shown.  

Is this possible?   If so, how do I go about implementing this?   

Thank you.

------------------------------

• 2.  RE: How can I control PromptSet element visibility?

Posted Jul 10, 2020 07:44 PM
    I think you can do this, but I've never used it.  Individual fields in your promptset can be designated as "dynamic" so they will refresh their settings based upon the change action of another field.  I found this (stale) documentation on how to do it in the older Java interface into UC4.  I haven't found any examples for the newer web interface.  I hope this sends you in the right direction though?

https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/AWA/11.2/AE/11.2/All%20Guides/Content/ucacvi.htm

If all else fails, call support and they should be able to help you.

Pete Wirfs
    SAIF Corporation
    Salem Oregon USA

• 3.  RE: How can I control PromptSet element visibility?

Posted Jul 10, 2020 07:50 PM
    Reviewing the correct area of the promptset manual might help too;

https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/ALL/components/DOCU/12.3/Automic%20Automation%20Guides/help.htm#AWA/Objects/obj_PromptSet.htm%3FTocPath%3DUsing%7CDesigning%7CObject-Specific%2520Properties%7CPromptSets%2520(PRPT)%7C_____0

Pete Wirfs
    SAIF Corporation
    Salem Oregon USA

• 4.  RE: How can I control PromptSet element visibility?

Posted Jul 10, 2020 11:25 PM
    Thanks Pete.  I did try using the dynamic option in PromptSets and found its a nice feature.    

What I am looking for here is how to turn on and off the visibility of a PromptSet elements; which is a different functionality from the dynamic option.  I am not sure if Atomic has that functionality. I will continue going through the documentation.

• 5.  RE: How can I control PromptSet element visibility?
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 13, 2020 07:32 AM
    Edited by Christopher Hackett Jul 29, 2020 04:02 PM
    There is no way to control element visibility dynamically.