Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  New User Interface 12.3

Posted Dec 04, 2019 10:44 AM
    Dear Experts,

I would like to have your advice here.

We are testing 12.3.1 version in our SBX system and during the initial testing, we noticed that when we open multiple objects , it opens in multiple window tabs and not in the same window .

We have quite number of executions which we need to be montiored and opening mutliple window creates lot of confusions . We have nearly 100+ objects in different clients which needs to be monitored

It seems that Automic development team enhanced the user interface in such way.

We had good user interface in Version 12.1 or 12.2 compared to 12.3. Is there any way we can avoid it ?

Thanks and Regards
    Vimalan

• 2.  RE: New User Interface 12.3
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 04, 2019 11:50 AM
    Hi Maria,
    We implemented the use of browser tabs in the UI in V12.3 after consultation with many customers in our Validation program.
    The virtual tabs were restrictive in many ways and did not behave in the "normal" way that browser tabs behave. 
    There are many advantages to the use of browser tabs, not least the drag-and-drop capabilities in v12.3, bookmarking and the use of URL fragments to help with navigation and sharing.

We would be happy to have a conversation about the issues you are having with the new functionality.

David

------------------------------
    Senior Product Line Manager - Automation
    CA Technologies, A Broadcom Company
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: New User Interface 12.3

Posted Dec 04, 2019 12:05 PM
    At least from a system administration perspective, I have grown to like the new interface in 12.3, especially now that we can ask users to send us an URL to an object/run/other page in question as opposed to having to having to request all of that information separately. 

To your point about multiple clients, I will admit that is one drawback as there is no way to tell which tab belongs to which client without clicking on it (maybe one suggestion to Broadcom would be to append the client ID to the beginning of the page title, or at least have the option to do so?) While you can change the color of the icon to at least try to differentiate the different clients, it's really not very effective (at least for me). 

Another annoyance is that I have sometimes notices that the page title doesn't always update when you move to a new object, but I haven't been able to find a consistent cause so I haven't bothered submitting a bug report. 

Mind you, we weren't on 12.2 for very long before upgrading to 12.3, so we didn't have much time to get comfortable with 12.2.