Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Critical Path Analysis on workflows / working with workflows in 12.3.0 experiences

Posted Oct 24, 2019 12:50 PM
    Hi All,

i was taking a look on the critical path Analysis feature today. Some Details came to my Attention during this, would be intersting if you see the same and what you think About it. 

1) Critical path view is only available for active workflow. When i try to analyze a workflow that is already finished, the button is disabled. To be honest, i think the feature would be very helpful to look at critical path of already finished Workflows (e.g. last end-of-month etc). Think nobody wants to look at it during the night.  Is it a bug that it is not enabled, or is it not possible?

2) Earliest start time versus estimated start time - > it appeared that the earliest start time was shown correctly (e.g. 16:00) but the estimated start time was 2 Hours behind (18:00) - Display bug?

3) I tried to leave some comments on a Task in workflow monitor, and somehow first command was lost, bot other user could see it. But comment 2,3, and 4 i could see and other user not (Display bug?)

4) In the schedule objecgt when i use a.m. and p.m. time Option, it showed me 12:30 a.m., went better then with 24h Format  - Display bug?

5) Web Service Jobs and Connections - i was not able to edit and save a Connection object. The Agent was started with openJDK, not sure if it is supported or not. Support on our ticket was very poor so far :(     (asked for logs that were already attached, not able to open a png screenshot, days between answers, ….)

Everything else, i have to say, works great till now with good Performance, good user experience, everyone seems to like it, no complaints during training :) 

Cheers,
    Roman

• 2.  RE: Critical Path Analysis on workflows / working with workflows in 12.3.0 experiences
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 25, 2019 08:51 AM
    Hi Roman,
    thank you for the feedback and the detailed explanation.

1) Historical critical path has been added for the next release due to customer requests.
    2) 3) and 4) we need to test to understand the problems.
    5) This should be working with Openjdk if on V12.3 onwards.

Please can you provide the exact version with HF etc

thank you 
    David Ainsworth

------------------------------
    Senior Product Line Manager - Automation
    CA Technologies, A Broadcom Company
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Critical Path Analysis on workflows / working with workflows in 12.3.0 experiences

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 25, 2019 09:01 AM
    Hi Roman,

thanks for the feedback so far. PM will get back to you for the features. For the support experience, I need a support case number to check in and see what status we have. Please reply privately so i can help.

Thx

Ralf

• 4.  RE: Critical Path Analysis on workflows / working with workflows in 12.3.0 experiences

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 25, 2019 09:01 AM
    Hi Roman,

PM will take care about your feedback for the features. I´m more interested in the support ticket number and what happened.

Can you please reply to me the ticket number ?

Thx

Ralf

• 5.  RE: Critical Path Analysis on workflows / working with workflows in 12.3.0 experiences

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 31, 2019 09:22 AM
    Hi Roman,

Our RA Webservice REST and SOAP are officially OpenJDK 11 compatible. Unfortunately, our compatibility matrix had a glitch which caused this information not to be reflected on the page. I will make sure we update it accordingly.

We have, however, fixed a bug which created exception in Webservice REST connection, and have released the fix with v12.3 SP1, currently available on downloads.

Greetings,
    Tatjana