Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Activate workflow waiting for schedule start time in JSCH

Posted Jan 08, 2020 05:03 PM
    I am looking for script option in Automic to activate a workflow waiting for schedule start time in JSCH.

We can open JSCH in Open Monitor option and select the option "Go Immediately" to start worfklow without waiting for its scheduled start time but I am not able to find any option to do the same in script. 

Thanks for your help in advance.

------------------------------
    Sreenivas Vaka

• 2.  RE: Activate workflow waiting for schedule start time in JSCH

Posted Jan 09, 2020 02:45 PM
    Activate_UC_Object(
    That should do the trick depending on how you want to use it.

Cheers,

Gary Chismar
    Manager, Automic, PeopleSoft HCM/FI
    Florida State University
    Florida

• 3.  RE: Activate workflow waiting for schedule start time in JSCH

Posted Jan 10, 2020 12:46 PM
    Hi Gary, 
    Thank you for your response. 
    I looked at ACTIVATE_UC_OBJECT options. I can able to activate and run the jobp/workflow using this option. when I use ACTIVATE_UC_OBJECT option, the workflow/jobp will run as a standalone and will not pick the jobp/workflow already scheduled in JSCH for a given day. what I am looking for is to activate the JOBP/workflow which is already scheduled for a given day and waiting for its start time from JSCH object.

Thank you
    Sreenivas.

IT Application Analyst
    CSAA

• 4.  RE: Activate workflow waiting for schedule start time in JSCH
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 10, 2020 02:02 PM
    Looking to see which table it is but you can look as well:

https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/AWA/11.2/AE/latest/DB%20Schema/db/_structure/HTML/index.htm#

Above is a link to all the tables in Automic.  Once has to have the schedule information on it.  You would be able to query off that to help you get where you need to be.  I would also set your workflow to allow only one instance at time to run unless it is alright to run concurrently.  You generally do not want to kick one off it is already running.

I would also open a ticket with Broadcom/CA/Automic and just ask them the table name that contains the schedule information.  They will send you the same link but emphasize you just need the table name.

Good Luck.

Cheers,

Gary Chismar
    Manager, Automic, PeopleSoft HCM/FI
    Florida State University
    Florida

• 5.  RE: Activate workflow waiting for schedule start time in JSCH

Posted Jan 10, 2020 06:19 PM
    Another idea;  (for example purposes, I'm going to assume the workflow is scheduled to run at 10pm, but sometimes you want it to run sooner.)

Change the schedule of the workflow so that it starts running at say, 6pm, or whatever you think the earliest start time might be.

On the first task within the workflow, add a set of precondition rules so that it either starts when it is 10pm, or it starts when a state flag has been set to "RUNNOW".  If neither condition is true, then retry a minute later.

Pete

• 6.  RE: Activate workflow waiting for schedule start time in JSCH

Posted Jan 13, 2020 09:35 AM
    Suggestion to Broadcom as this question is popping up on a regular basis :

Why don't do something similar to the MODIFY_TASK for Schedule Object like it is done for the Workflows ? Most of the code is already done for the Worflow so it can be reused for Schedule. If the object oriented programing is still the rule .....