Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  queueing a workflow

Posted Jul 12, 2019 10:21 AM
    I have a workflow, in this case it is a for each workflow, that I plan to run every 30 minutes. The workflow downloads some files off of an FTP site and some of them could potentially be large. If the workflow is running longer than 30 minutes I don't want to start another workflow. What is the best way to ensure that this workflow only has one instance running at a time?

• 2.  RE: queueing a workflow

Posted Jul 12, 2019 11:06 AM

You could place the following lines inside the process tab of the work flow.

:IF SYS_STATE_ACTIVE() = 'Y'

:  STOP NOMSG

:ENDIF

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information transmitted in this e-mail and in any replies and forwards are for the sole use of the above individual(s) or entities and may contain proprietary, privileged and/or highly confidential information. Any unauthorized dissemination, review, distribution or copying of these communications is strictly prohibited. If this e-mail has been transmitted to you in error, please notify and return the original message to the sender immediately at the above listed address. Thank you for your cooperation.

• 3.  RE: queueing a workflow

Posted Jul 16, 2019 01:25 AM
    On the attributes tab of the job, under "Tasks running parallel" section set the Max. number as 1. This will allow only one instance of the job to be active at any given time.

• 4.  RE: queueing a workflow
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 16, 2019 08:37 AM
    Hi,

start the workflow with the option "execute recurring" and don't use "allow one overlap" in the part "frequency".
    If your worklfow takes more then 30 minutes no execution take place. The next execution starts in the new interval of 30 minutes
    but only if the predecessor is finished.

------------------------------
    Thx & rgds
    Christian
    ------------------------------