Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  WEBSERVICE Rest Questions

Posted Jan 16, 2020 11:36 AM
    I am running v12.3 with WEBSERVICE Rest agent 4.5

After installing I tried the Swagger calls for system, objects and clients using ARC on the WS agent server to:

http://oitaeapt01:8088/ae/api/v1/0/system/health

This returned data as expected in json format.  Now I am trying to figure out how to utilize the REST API.  I followed the Team City use case in the documentation, creating a CONN object (with the above endpoint), a WS JOBS and a VARA table. However, when I try to run the JOBS it does not run and ends with Fault Other - Start impossible.  I don't find any entryies in the WS logs or the CP logs related to this error. (I do see CP log entries when I do the ARC calls from the WS agent server)

1. Any suggetions an how to troubleshoot the Fault Other - Start impossible error?
    2. I'm new to using API's and was wondering if there are any other use cases documented so I can get a better understanding of ways to use the REST API?

Thanks
    Tim

------------------------------
    Developer
    State of Colorado

• 2.  RE: WEBSERVICE Rest Questions
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 16, 2020 12:21 PM
    We don't use the rest agent.

But I'm wondering what the "details" screen says for the task that suffered 'start impossible?"  Sometimes there is a clue on this screen under 'status text'.

Pete

• 3.  RE: WEBSERVICE Rest Questions

Posted Jan 16, 2020 04:32 PM
    Thanks Pete.  That helped because I see "U00000009 'OITRAWEBSERVICE': Access denied."  Now I have to figure out what's causing that.

Developer
    State of Colorado