Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Search for content of PromptSet fields

Posted Feb 27, 2020 05:24 AM
    Hi,

is it possible to search for all Promptsets that contain a specific string in one of the promptset Elements?

E.g. there is a workflow that contains a Task with a promptset. One field in the promptset is populated with a variable reference:

{VARA.KONFIG,WebserviceEndpoint,1}

Is it possible to find that via search function?

BR,
    Roman Embacher

• 2.  RE: Search for content of PromptSet fields

Posted Feb 27, 2020 06:24 AM
    Hi
    as far as I know NO. There is only a few possibilities to search in within filter criteria "object contents"

=> SQLI VARA

cheers, Wolfgang

------------------------------
    Support Info:
    if you are using one of the latest version of UC4 / AWA / One Automation please get in contact with Support to open a ticket.
    Otherwise update/upgrade your system and check if the problem still exists.

• 3.  RE: Search for content of PromptSet fields
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 27, 2020 09:45 AM

Wolfgang is right.

No chance to search for a content in Prompsets or Content in the Value Tab using the Advanced Search, what is also a pain for customers want to figure out where a Key or Value is set in the Value Tab.

Managing Consultant EMEA - Enterprise Studio
    HCL Technologies Austria GmbH

• 4.  RE: Search for content of PromptSet fields

Posted Feb 27, 2020 11:45 AM
    Edited by Pete Wirfs Feb 27, 2020 01:54 PM
      |   view attached
    I have a SQLServer search script that searches the database for a string in dozens of possible locations, including in a PRPT and all of the places it can be overridden from.   This SQL solution is too big to fit inside of a SQLI variable (They can only hold 4,000 bytes of SQL code).   I provide this code without warranty... there are probably more areas of the database that need to be searched that my datacenter does not care about.  (see grep.txt attachment)

I always give Phillip Elmer credit for this solution idea.  He posted this as a V9 solution on his blog site many years ago.  But over the years I've been adding more search rules to it.

Pete

Attachment(s)

txt
    Grep.txt   7 KB 1 version

• 5.  RE: Search for content of PromptSet fields

Posted Feb 27, 2020 11:54 AM
    I won't be surprised if a search for {VARA.KONFIG,WebserviceEndpoint,1} will find that this string also exists in job, workflow, or schedule overrides as well.  These overrides can be saved into the database without the users knowledge.  But that's another well discussed thing....

Pete