Automic Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Installed new Windows agent when I run job I get Error code '1314', error description: 'A required privilege is not held by the client.'.

• 1.  Installed new Windows agent when I run job I get Error code '1314', error description: 'A required privilege is not held by the client.'.

Posted Feb 27, 2020 06:29 PM
    Yes, the windows server hosting the agent's local polices have been updated with the following: 

• act as part of the operating system
    • log on as a service
    • restore files and directories
    • create backups of files and directories
    • adjust memory quotas for a process
    • replace a process level token.

I even added a Local Firewall Rules for Inbound and Outbound to permit TCP communication.

------------------------------
    DevOps Engineer
    ULLICO

• 2.  RE: Installed new Windows agent when I run job I get Error code '1314', error description: 'A required privilege is not held by the client.'.

Posted Feb 27, 2020 06:38 PM
    I am going to check making sure the agent has the proper check boxes in client 0

DevOps Engineer
    ULLICO

• 3.  RE: Installed new Windows agent when I run job I get Error code '1314', error description: 'A required privilege is not held by the client.'.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 28, 2020 02:19 AM
    This error messages is indicating that the user which is used to run the Agent has permissions missing beside the 'standard' settings you had already assigned.

It often helps to configure for this Agent the ANONYMOUS_JOB option 
    https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/AA/12.3/DOCU/12.3/Automic%20Automation%20Guides/help.htm#AWA/Variables/UC_HOSTCHAR_DEFAULT.htm#link1

It worked for me once to modify the UAT of the Windows box.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system" EnableLUA -> 0

Sr. Solution Architect
    Broadcom

• 4.  RE: Installed new Windows agent when I run job I get Error code '1314', error description: 'A required privilege is not held by the client.'.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 28, 2020 02:19 AM
    Hi,
    the above listed privileges cannot be implied through the group the user belongs to, the user itself must have the rights explicitly.

Please also check if logon=1 is set in the agents .ini file and make sure UAC (User Access Control) is switched off.
    Regards, Markus

• 5.  RE: Installed new Windows agent when I run job I get Error code '1314', error description: 'A required privilege is not held by the client.'.

Posted Feb 28, 2020 05:39 AM
    What about adding "Allow log on locally" too?

In addition "Logon as batch Job" if you start jobs by using the start option "logon as batch user".

• 6.  RE: Installed new Windows agent when I run job I get Error code '1314', error description: 'A required privilege is not held by the client.'.

Posted Feb 28, 2020 09:11 AM
    Edited by Kenneth Hutchins Feb 28, 2020 09:15 AM

DevOps Engineer
    ULLICO

• 7.  RE: Installed new Windows agent when I run job I get Error code '1314', error description: 'A required privilege is not held by the client.'.

Posted Feb 28, 2020 09:15 AM
    ​The account running the job is a domain admin and added to all of the groups listed in the automic guide and "logon as batch user"

DevOps Engineer
    ULLICO

• 8.  RE: Installed new Windows agent when I run job I get Error code '1314', error description: 'A required privilege is not held by the client.'.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 28, 2020 07:47 AM
    Run gpedit.msc and check the setting of Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options > User Account Control: Run all administrators in Admin Approval Mode. It should be disabled.

Engineering Program Manager
    Broadcom

• 9.  RE: Installed new Windows agent when I run job I get Error code '1314', error description: 'A required privilege is not held by the client.'.

Posted Feb 28, 2020 09:16 AM
    ​We have this setting enabled on all of other windows servers. I am hesitant to change it.

DevOps Engineer
    ULLICO

• 10.  RE: Installed new Windows agent when I run job I get Error code '1314', error description: 'A required privilege is not held by the client.'.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 28, 2020 09:20 AM
    if you cannot disable UAC please use "logon as batch" as describer here:
    https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/AA/12.3/DOCU/12.3/Automic%20Automation%20Guides/help.htm#AWA/Integration/User_Account_Control_Windows.htm

• 11.  RE: Installed new Windows agent when I run job I get Error code '1314', error description: 'A required privilege is not held by the client.'.
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 28, 2020 10:15 AM
    ​Thanks all for the responses. My network admin and I monitored the traffic and realized the outbound rule (Server back to UC4) was being blocked.

The issue is now resolved. I didn't have to make any changes to the agent settings outside of the UCr4/Automic recommendations.

DevOps Engineer
    ULLICO