Automic Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Automic Workload Automation - Ask a Question, Get an Answer (Oct 4 – Oct 15)

• 1.  Automic Workload Automation - Ask a Question, Get an Answer (Oct 4 – Oct 15)

Community Manager
    Posted Oct 15, 2019 12:45 PM

It's great that we have such vibrant communities to get quick answers to questions and gain product knowledge! We have very active members jumping in to help others out all the time. The goal of the communities is to respond to every members' question so that no one goes away "empty handed". 

Think you have a potential answer, Jump In!

Help a Fellow Community Member Out!

Here's the list of unanswered questions for this coming week. Grab one!

Expert's opinions on AWA high availability, fault tolerant and Zero downtime upgrade feature

Event with a Workflow Errors: ORA-00060

RA JMS Agent v11.2.2.hf2
    IA Agent und Analytics Backend erfordert Lizenz

Start with ServiceManager --> Warnings
    Parameterized login with AWI 12.3

OpenJDK support

Documentation broken

Analytics and Reporting

AE agent for windows 2016

Thank You All for Your Efforts!  

------------------------------
    Diane Craddock
    Community Manager, Broadcom Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom Inc.

• 2.  RE: Automic Workload Automation - Ask a Question, Get an Answer (Oct 4 – Oct 15)

Posted Oct 16, 2019 11:27 AM
    Jive has built-in features for automatically promoting users who help others by answering questions.

Are these capabilities ever coming to Higher Logic?

• 3.  RE: Automic Workload Automation - Ask a Question, Get an Answer (Oct 4 – Oct 15)

Posted Oct 16, 2019 11:47 AM
    Edited by Carsten Schmitz Oct 16, 2019 11:51 AM
    ​On a related note, I wonder how these lists are even generated. Is this all done by hand?

I mean, in Jive and other platforms, you'd mark questions as "answered" and had way more flags to tag posts with. Here, the only flag of sorts I can identify is the recommendation issued by the "recommend" button. But a recommendation doesn't mean, per se, that questions were answered? Worse even, no recommendation doesn't mean it's unanswered, because not so many people seem to always ever return to their threads.

Same goes for the mails about such-and-such question still being open. Appreciated, yes, but is that all handywork with good ol' eyeball Mk. I?

Inquiring minds want to know :)

edit: hmmmmm, I see me informing Broadcom and everyone else that the documentation was broken is listed as an open question. So the system has ... untapped potential.

• 4.  RE: Automic Workload Automation - Ask a Question, Get an Answer (Oct 4 – Oct 15)

Community Manager
    Posted Oct 28, 2019 03:51 PM
    Hi All,

This is done by hand.  It's actually good for me as it allows me to learn about what types of questions are being asked, if I need to get involved, and to meet all of you.  I hope in the future this does become a bit more automated, but for now, it's me.  :)

Thanks
    Diane

Diane Craddock
    Community Manager, Broadcom Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom Inc.

• 5.  RE: Automic Workload Automation - Ask a Question, Get an Answer (Oct 4 – Oct 15)

Posted Oct 29, 2019 05:21 AM
    ​Hi Diane,

Thanks for the insights and for doing what you do there, much appreciated!

There's a certain irony of course that I can't possibly resist to point out at least a little in the fact that the Automation Champion currently does this by eye rather than AP-eye (okay, I'm truly sorry for THAT pun, I'll let myself out now ...) but that doesn't take away that you do a great job with this.

Br,
    Carsten

• 6.  RE: Automic Workload Automation - Ask a Question, Get an Answer (Oct 4 – Oct 15)

Posted Oct 16, 2019 12:54 PM
    Do i win an apple watch? Or at least a Broadcom mug ;)

• 7.  RE: Automic Workload Automation - Ask a Question, Get an Answer (Oct 4 – Oct 15)

Posted Oct 16, 2019 01:51 PM
    Didn't they inform you?

you will receive 10 class S Agent licences for free !

heureka :-)

cheers, Wolfgang

I know I do really know it!

• 8.  RE: Automic Workload Automation - Ask a Question, Get an Answer (Oct 4 – Oct 15)

Posted Oct 17, 2019 05:07 AM
    Edited by Carsten Schmitz Oct 17, 2019 05:08 AM
    We did actually get swag back in the days - shout out to @Octavie_Chakoute_1958 for organizing it.

I do own a wonderful CA duffel ​​bag that pulls duty as a daily carrier from the supermarket to the office, and looks exactly like them duffel bags from the movies. If I ever need to rob a bank and stuff green bundles into a black canvas bag, that CA-branded thing will be my go-to bag.

Reception of the shipments did, however, require both sweet talking to the customs and finding out the exact amounts we're allowed to accept gifts for, so I wouldn't want an Apple watch even if I were a member of the Cult of White Plastic.

;)

• 9.  RE: Automic Workload Automation - Ask a Question, Get an Answer (Oct 4 – Oct 15)

Posted Oct 18, 2019 03:53 AM
    Edited by Joel Wiesmann Oct 18, 2019 03:53 AM
    I got a battery bank back then. I think it had the power of a nuclear power plant based on what was written on it.

Swisscom & WorkflowCommander

• 10.  RE: Automic Workload Automation - Ask a Question, Get an Answer (Oct 4 – Oct 15)

Posted Oct 18, 2019 04:49 AM
    >​ I think it had the power of a nuclear power
    > plant based on what was written on it.

Strange you say this. I have observed so many people new to the software calling it "Atomic". And Google usually also helpfully suggests "did you mean: Atomic?"

While actually, every one knows the word is "nukular". NU-KU-LAR.

If my power bank said "Automic" I'd put one of those "Atomkraft Nein Danke!" stickers on it that were so popular in the 80s. Because that would be hilarious.

;)

• 11.  RE: Automic Workload Automation - Ask a Question, Get an Answer (Oct 4 – Oct 15)

Posted Oct 18, 2019 05:14 AM
    Edited by Michael A. Lowry Oct 18, 2019 05:14 AM
    *Ahem*

For your information, the one true faith is the Cult of Milled Aluminum.

White Plastic devotees are now considered infidels.

• 12.  RE: Automic Workload Automation - Ask a Question, Get an Answer (Oct 4 – Oct 15)

Posted Oct 25, 2019 03:21 AM
    I am a member of the Cult of Transparent Aluminium :-)

Live long and prosper

Automation Evangelist
    Fiducia & GAD IT AG
    ---
    Mitglied des deutschsprachigen Automic-Anwendervereins FOKUS e.V.
    Member of the German speaking Automic user association FOKUS e.V.