Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  UC4 calendar keyword does not replace job when renamed

Posted Nov 27, 2018 02:19 PM

I support UC4 scheduling for an account that is running multiple UC4 Clients.    I'm not able to rename a calendar keyword so that it will replace it in the jobs using it.  I thought it may be my access rights but I had the UC4 admin with all rights try it and he got the same outcome.   I believe the UC4 version is  10.0.7+build.401  

For 4 of the 6 uc4 clients I'm able to rename a keyword and it will replaces it in all jobs using it,  but for the other 2 clients it will not work.  I only know the frontend of uc4 so I do not know if this a setting that I could change or if this is a backend issue that I could not fix.  Any help or direction would be appreciated.

I'm not sure if this is a question for the UC4 community but I'm throwing it out there.  

Thank,

Jeff

• 2.  Re: UC4 calendar keyword does not replace job when renamed

Posted Nov 27, 2018 02:31 PM

Hi

he got the same outcome

which error message does appear?

does one appear?

Any messages in the messages window?

cheers, Wolfgang

• 3.  Re: UC4 calendar keyword does not replace job when renamed

Posted Nov 27, 2018 03:39 PM
      |   view attached

Hi Wolfgang,

I don’t get an error.   It says that it successfully replaced to objects but it does not do anything.

I do not see any error in the message window either.

Kind Regards,

Jeff Enk

• 4.  Re: UC4 calendar keyword does not replace job when renamed

Posted Nov 27, 2018 05:27 PM

Hey Jeff,

For what its worth, I was able to replicate this on 10.0.7 HF3. At this point V10 is out of support so what I would do is a search for use on the keyword within the calendar and replace it manually on all of the objects.

Additionally, creating a new keyword and doing a replace on the old one does not appear to be working either. That's the only workaround I could think of to this issue.

• 5.  Re: UC4 calendar keyword does not replace job when renamed

Posted Nov 28, 2018 09:16 AM
      |   view attached

Oh Boy!!!   There are around 300+ static calendar/keywords that need to be manually updated to NON-STATIC.   This will be a daunting task but since this version is unsupported it will be my only option.

Thanks for this post,

Jeff Enk

• 6.  Re: UC4 calendar keyword does not replace job when renamed
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 28, 2018 12:42 PM

I wonder if this idea might have merit?

export the CALE object and import it into another UC4 client.  In that client, delete the static keywords and rebuild them as non-static with the exact same keyword name.  Then import it back into production.

• 7.  Re: UC4 calendar keyword does not replace job when renamed

Posted Nov 30, 2018 09:15 AM

Hi Pete,

I took your suggestion but I did not need to export anything.   I deleted the static calendar and replaced it with a non-static calendar with the same name and it seems to work just fine.

Thanks again for everyone’s help and suggestions.

Jeff

• 8.  Re: UC4 calendar keyword does not replace job when renamed

Posted Dec 12, 2018 10:07 PM

Just want to give a BIG thanks for your suggestions.   What ever your said helped me solve my issue.  I hope I can return the favor. Thanks, Jeff