Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Automation of a schedule with the Java API

Posted Dec 21, 2017 04:10 PM

Hello All,

I am attempting to automate the manipulation of a Schedule using the Java API in our Automic/UC4 instance which is running version 10.

I am able to active and deactivate the tasks within the schedule as well as active and deactivate the schedule itself.  My problems lies in the fact that I am not able to force those changes to happen when requested and I must wait for the schedule to load at the next period turnaround.

I am using the jsch_udpate.jar tool to do this work and have not found a way with another tool to force the loading of the schedule before the next period turnaround which happens at 12:00am each day.

Has anyone had any luck with doing this? Or does anyone have any experience with accomplishing this with the Java API with version 10 of UC4?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim Arruda

• 2.  Automation of a schedule with the Java API

Posted Jan 03, 2018 07:42 PM
    Hi Jim,

unfortunately, this isnt possible using the Java API currently. it isnt possible to manipulate a JSCH object (or its tasks) once it is activated (the API itself only exposes "getter" methods and no "setter" technically).

if it was doable with the Java API, i would have included it into the JCSH_Update.jar :)

this is a request i had put through before, but i will add it to the system again. Feel free to vote it up (i will send you a link when done).

bren

• 3.  Automation of a schedule with the Java API

Posted Jan 03, 2018 07:50 PM
    Jim, 

i opened a idea request, it should be visible tomorrow.. it's titled "Java API enhancement: Modify ScheduleMonitor and ScheduleMonitor.Task objects"

Please vote it up.. if multiple customers vote for it, it has a good chance of geting implemented.

bren

• 4.  Automation of a schedule with the Java API

Posted Jan 05, 2018 06:52 PM
    brendan_sapience_automic can you provide the link to vote for this?
    I have never liked that fact that even from the Java client I can't force the schedule to update immediately.

• 5.  Automation of a schedule with the Java API

Posted Jan 08, 2018 10:14 AM

• 6.  Automation of a schedule with the Java API

Posted Jan 08, 2018 11:44 AM
    Thanks Michael_Lowry ! as an employee i dont have access to that portal so i wouldnt be able to retrieve the link.. much appreciated!