Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  List workflow tasks with agent-specific conditions

Posted Jul 21, 2017 10:41 AM
    We identified a new ucybchng bug (PRB00136058) this morning. Starting somewhere between 11.2.3 and 11.2.5, ucybchng lost the ability to update agent names in task conditions. I am trying to gauge the scope of the problem, and as a part of this I need to find out how many workflows have tasks with this kind of agent-specific condition.

I came up with a query that will list all task conditions.
    select OH_Name, JPOV_JPP_Lnr, JPOV_Location, JPOV_JPPO_Lnr,
    JPOV_VName, JPOV_Value, JPOV_Type, JPOV_AltView
    from OH, JPOV
    where JPOV_OH_Idnr=OH_Idnr
    and OH_Client = 1
    and OH_DeleteFlag = 0
    and JPOV_VName = 'XC_P01'
    Now I just need to find out how to narrow the search to show only the conditions that are agent-specific — that is, conditions of these types:
    • CHECK ACTIVITIES
    • CHECK CONNECTION
    • CHECK FILE
    • CHECK PROCESS
    Can anyone help me narrow the query? Thanks in advance.

Update: CHECK_ACTIVITIES checks for active tasks in the Automation Engine. It is not an agent-specific condition.

• 2.  List workflow tasks with agent-specific conditions

Posted Jul 23, 2017 04:52 AM
    The conditions and actions appear to be defined in UC_CAR. The JPOV_Value for the condition/action type has some relationship with the CAR_*MsgNr fields, but it's not 1-to-1. E.g, for CHECK FILE conditions, there will be a row in JPOV where JPOV_Value looks something like ##91102. The CAR_*MsgNr fields corresponding to CHECK FILE are all 91x02, where x is 2, 3, or 4. Individual conditions and actions comprise multiple rows in JPOV, and rows associated with the same condition/action share the same JPOV_JPPO_Lnr. Whether JPOV_Value contains a host name appears to depend on whether for the same condition, the line where JPOV_Name=XC_P03 also has JPOV_Value=##91102. I'm not 100% sure of this though, so I have asked Automic for assistance coming up with a query to identify impacted workflows.

• 3.  List workflow tasks with agent-specific conditions

Posted Jul 24, 2017 04:29 AM
    While I’m waiting for Automic’s response, I did a bit more experimentation. I discovered that the condition/action name is found in JPPO. I am not 100% sure about the relationships, but I think I am a bit closer to a query that will show me what I want.
    select OH_Name, JPOV_JPP_Lnr, JPP_Object, JPP_Alias,
    case JPOV_Location
      when 1 then 'Pre'
      when 2 then 'Post'
    end as JPOV_Loc,
    case JPPO_Location
      when 1 then 'Pre'
      when 2 then 'Post'
      when 3 then 'IF'
    end as JPPO_Loc,
    JPPO_Lnr, JPPO_CarName, JPOV_Value
    from OH
    left join JPP on JPP_OH_Idnr=OH_Idnr
    left join JPOV on JPOV_OH_Idnr=OH_Idnr
    left join JPPO on JPPO_OH_Idnr=OH_Idnr
    where 1=1
    and OH_Client = 1
    and OH_DeleteFlag = 0
    and JPP_Object <> 'END'
    and JPP_Lnr=JPPO_JPP_Lnr
    and JPP_Lnr=JPOV_JPP_Lnr
    and JPOV_JPP_Lnr=JPPO_JPP_Lnr
    and JPOV_JPPO_Lnr=JPPO_Lnr
    and JPOV_VName = 'XC_P01'
    and JPPO_Type = 'C'
    and JPPO_CarName in ('CHECK CONNECTION','CHECK FILE','CHECK PROCESS')
    and (JPPO_Location = JPOV_Location or JPPO_Location = 3)
    I’ll update this post when I get an answer from Automic. Oh, and one more thing — I found that CHECK_ACTIVITIES is not an agent-specific condition.

• 4.  List workflow tasks with agent-specific conditions

Posted Jul 25, 2017 08:22 AM
    By the way, I updated the list of ucybchng bugs with a work-around for the problem that was the genesis of this question, PRB00136058.

• 5.  List workflow tasks with agent-specific conditions

Posted Aug 18, 2017 08:50 AM
    Automic also confirmed that my query above will indeed show all task conditions of the three types:
    • CHECK CONNECTION
    • CHECK FILE
    • CHECK PROCESS