Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Conditional prompt set activation

Posted Nov 22, 2017 03:13 AM
    Hello,

Do you know if it is possible to disable/set to inactive a prompt set?

We have a prompt set attached to a job that we only really want to be active when the job is deployed to a none live environment.  When the job is deployed to live it will be activated by a schedule.

I have written a powershell script to remove the prompt set completely from the job before deployment but wondered if there was a more subtle way of doing this?

In an ideal world we would want it to be active for all none live executions and only active for manual executions on a live environment.

Cheers,

Dan.

• 2.  Conditional prompt set activation

Posted Nov 22, 2017 06:09 AM
    Hello,

And another thing ..  any idea why the prompt set displays a bit funny in the web version...

ua3dplr5symq.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/yn/ua3dplr5symq.png" width="397">

compared to this in the console version ...

mrn4mlqszr2v.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/qk/mrn4mlqszr2v.png" width="336">

Cheers,

Dan.

• 3.  Conditional prompt set activation

Posted Nov 22, 2017 11:27 AM

• 4.  Conditional prompt set activation

Posted Nov 22, 2017 11:47 AM
    I doubt there is any technical need to disable the promptset.  Your process script could ignore the promptsets variables based upon the use-case.

The idea of using the READ command has merit too.

• 5.  Conditional prompt set activation

Posted Nov 22, 2017 11:50 AM
    The web UI is very new and they have not found all of the bugs yet.   For instance I was able to play with it at CA-World and discovered a display problem when my SYNC object had more than 2 actions in it.

web UI bugs (like the one you noted) need to be reported to support.

• 6.  Conditional prompt set activation

Posted Nov 23, 2017 12:38 AM
    DanielGates628573,

I tried the same in Automic Web Interface 12.0.3.GA03-427 and here's the result:

z2tu46x4e0hp.png

We had a fix regarding this issue:

Improve readability of truncated labels in PromptSets (ellipsis and tooltip). 

Texts of labels that are too long in PromtSets display an ellipsis to indicate that they are truncated. Hovering over them displays a tooltip with the complete text.
    Components:
    • UI
    Fixed Versions:
    • Automic.Web.Interface 12.1.0
    • Automic.Web.Interface 12.0.2
    Downloads: Automic.Web.Interface 12.1.0Downloads: Automic.Web.Interface 12.0.2
    Are you on a lower version of the AWI?

Cheers,
    Alexander

• 7.  Conditional prompt set activation

Posted Nov 23, 2017 02:50 AM
    Thanks very much for all your responses

Dan