Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Vaadin debug window for AWI troubleshooting

Posted Oct 12, 2017 11:44 AM
    The Automic Web Interface is built using the Vaadin web UI framework. This framework provides a debug window that can be enabled by adding ?debug to the application URL, just after the slash following the hostname. E.g.,
    https://awi.mycompany.com/?debug#&system=AE_TEST&client=0001
    h32fxx5qggvj.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/gh/h32fxx5qggvj.png" width="1240">
    Vaadin has also published a blog post and video about the debug window. This tool is primarily intended for application developers, but it could also be useful to AWI administrators, e.g., for troubleshooting problems.

• 2.  Vaadin debug window for AWI troubleshooting

Posted Oct 13, 2017 02:44 AM
    Hello Michael,

thanks for sharing that information. Had to debug the AWI and vaadin lately, this would have been valuable information.

Matthias

• 3.  RE: Vaadin debug window for AWI troubleshooting

Posted Mar 26, 2020 11:15 AM

Hello,

does anyone know if the Vaadin debug window still works in version 12.3? Unfortunately I have not managed to get the window opened yet...

Best regards,
    Tim

------------------------------
    Automation Evangelist
    Fiducia & GAD IT AG
    ---
    Mitglied des deutschsprachigen Automic-Anwendervereins FOKUS e.V.
    Member of the German speaking Automic user association FOKUS e.V.
    ------------------------------

• 4.  RE: Vaadin debug window for AWI troubleshooting

Posted Mar 30, 2020 03:36 AM
    Negative on any debug window in my 12.3.1. with that trick (though I didn't know about this before).

There are various ways to disable the debug window in Vaadin, possibly Automic now considers AE to be stable enough not to ship debug builds anymore? :D

Unfortunately, it's not as simple as it being disabled in web.xml, where one could re-enable it. There are various other ways, Java properties and I don't know where they'd go, and as per Google also a Maven option, which is probably issued at build time, which might mean we're possibly SOL.

Might toy around with the options later.