Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Tips and tricks or step by step guide to move Automic from one domain to another.

Posted Jan 14, 2019 06:12 PM

If there are any notes on this that can be shared just for reference it could help. Has anyone moved their engines, backups, and DB from one domain to another?  What will the impact on the network be?  Ensuring that the new domain will have access to all agents and what problems we should expect so we can be proactive with migration.  Everything is on VM's and we are going to a new domain.

• 2.  Re: Tips and tricks or step by step guide to move Automic from one domain to another.

Posted Jan 16, 2019 10:45 AM

As there is different level of integration customers can use I just can point out what to concider. Too I dont see in your post wich DB and Version your are using.

MSSQL - do you work with a db user or windows authentication? If windows authentication is used you have to concider the rights in mssql.

AE:

- Windows Authentication used to start the CP, WP, JCP, JWP or Windows Agents - you have to concider to chage it too on day of migration

- LDAP, LDAP SSL, (SSO): If integration is used for login or single sign on you have to concider that your LDAP and domain is changing

- Login Objects Agent: Also here changes might be considered if Servers where Agents are running are moved to another domain.

- Jobs: in some cases it could be that you start a program (Windows, Linux) where you hand over on command line host name or users & with an Domain (AD). Also this is something you should check upfront. 

• 3.  Re: Tips and tricks or step by step guide to move Automic from one domain to another.

Posted Jan 16, 2019 01:02 PM

Hi Franz,

Thanks for your response.  We are currently on 11.2.2 and I think we are going to 11.2.9 before we actully go to 12.  We are on a MSSQL DB and Engines are Windows servers.  I am new to this company's platform but will make notes of your suggestions.  Please continue to respond if you have anything else you can think of.