Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  FTP connection object issue

Posted Aug 09, 2017 08:30 AM
    Hi All,

I have created FTP connection for some third party server, While using connection in FTP object  getting an error saying "com.uc4.ftpjob.DataTransferExeception: Login failed"

By using user name and password  I can able to connect to server through command prompt.

FTP Advanced setting details
    Check box Checked: Remote host address verification
    Check box Checked: User FTP proxy server settings
    port 21

Regards,
    Sathish

• 2.  FTP connection object issue

Posted Aug 09, 2017 08:40 AM
    This requires more details.

Best,
    Carsten

• 3.  FTP connection object issue

Posted Aug 09, 2017 12:34 PM
    Hi Sathish_M_K_9561 ,

If you check the proxy checkbox you also have to specify the proxy information on the FTP agent in client 0.
    I.e.:
    b7w4ozsqcy8q.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/8v/b7w4ozsqcy8q.png" width="832">

Cheers,
    Alexander

• 4.  FTP connection object issue

Posted Aug 10, 2017 08:01 AM

• 5.  FTP connection object issue

Posted Aug 10, 2017 08:02 AM
    Alexander Trenker said:
    Hi Sathish_M_K_9561 ,

If you check the proxy checkbox you also have to specify the proxy information on the FTP agent in client 0.
    I.e.:
    b7w4ozsqcy8q.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/8v/b7w4ozsqcy8q.png" width="832">

Cheers,
    Alexander
    Hi Alexander,
    No we are not using proxy.

Regards,
    Sathish

• 6.  FTP connection object issue

Posted Aug 10, 2017 08:02 AM
    This requires more details.

Best,
    Carsten

Hi Carsten Schmitz ,

Please find  my comments below
    • I'm assuming you're using the same user name and password on command line and in the connection object?
    • Yes , I successfully connected from Command prompt with same username and password. able to download files.
    • Is this unencrypted, plain FTP protocol over port 21, or something else?
    • It is unencrypted, plain FTP protocol over port 21
    • Do you actually need a proxy? Does your command line connection get proxy information passed to it, e.g. from an environment variable, too? If you don't require a proxy to connect on the command line, uncheck that box. If you do require a proxy: Have you entered the proxy settings in the agent properties?
      Proxy is not required, already Un-checked the proxy check box.
    • have you tried disabling "remote host access verification?", at least for a test? remote Host Address Verification is INCOMPATIBLE with SOCKS proxies, as per.
      Yes, No lucky
    • Active or passive FTP?
    • Sorry ,I am not sure

Exception is throwing while selecting an connection object itself at Host filed.
    x3uzdqsxxuxp.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/dp/x3uzdqsxxuxp.png" width="542">

• 7.  FTP connection object issue

Posted Aug 10, 2017 10:37 AM
    Hi Sathish,

The error message in the screenshot is just the last line of the exception, it's not the full exception. Please post the full Java exception (usually a stack trace with a lot of indented lines) from the log file of the RA agent. That might give a clue (possibly).

Is your RA agent on UNIX or Linux? If so, you can use "tail -F /path/to/logfile" in a shell, and that way, the relevant exception messages should be printed at the exact moment you try the connection in UC4.

Best,
    Carsten

• 8.  FTP connection object issue

Posted Mar 19, 2018 08:12 AM
    Sorry this was posted on the wrong thread.