Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  How to zip a file in AE v12

Posted Sep 28, 2018 02:13 PM

We are using AE v12.  I have a workflow that picks up a csv file and then emails it via a Notification.  The file is now too big to send via email.  Is there a WIN object command or script that I can use that would mimic right click on the file and Send to Compressed (zipped) file?  Do I need to use some sort of PowerShell script?

• 2.  Re: How to zip a file in AE v12

Posted Sep 28, 2018 02:37 PM

I think the most common zip/unzip utilites out there are called PKZIP.EXE and PKUNZIP.EXE.  In our case we installed the WinZip product and ivoke their WZZIP.EXE and WZUNZIP.EXE utilities.  We then built reusable UC4 jobs that invoke these two utilities, and use them from multiple workflows.

In my opinion, you should research what is the preferred zip tool for your datacenter and use that.

• 3.  Re: How to zip a file in AE v12

Posted Sep 28, 2018 02:58 PM

Hi

as we run on Linux the gzip command is available everywhere per default :-)

for testing purposes I uploaded the 7Zip binary into a STORE object and wrote a little include to zip a file on any win agent.

Let me know if you want the XML (V11.2)

cheers, Wolfgang

• 4.  Re: How to zip a file in AE v12

Posted Oct 09, 2018 06:14 PM

Hi LynnSlaga605066,

Was Pete & Wolfgang suggestion helpful in answering your questions?  

if its from a window agent... as for PowerShell, it look like you may be able to use powershell command with powershell v5+ as it have an option for creating zip file.. so you could used powershell command to have it zip if you don't want to install a 3rd party software on windows...

Links:

docs.microsoft.com - Compress-Archive 

Create .zip folder from the command line - (Windows) - Super User