Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  PSA: Updating from 10.x to 12.x may delete some passwords

Posted Dec 27, 2018 04:35 AM

Hi.

One word of warning that emerged from our recent update from 10.0.4 to 12.2:

Some of your passwords in LOGIN objects might vanish. So you might want to make extra sure you know all your passwords before updating your database.

For us, out of several hundred passwords, a one-digit amount disappeared. The log clearly confirms this:

U00005142 An invalid password in login ojbect *sic* 'LOGIN.MY.OBJECT' was deleted

I opened a case with CA and was refered to the documentation about import/export of objects, and the part about password being omitted in imports, and with this CA closed the case and denies to reopen the ticket.

The answer is, to me, clearly off-topic, because this is not about import/export (it may be under the hood, but I bet customers don't expect their passwords to vanish during an update, so if that applies, it should be a fat warning in the update notes), and I also think this answer is wrong because it only affects a few passwords out of a hundred. I much rather believe this affects passwords that contain some sort of special attribute, like certain odd characters.

Best regards,

Carsten

• 2.  Re: PSA: Updating from 10.x to 12.x may delete some passwords

Posted Dec 28, 2018 04:10 PM

Thanks Carsten, that's definitely a concern.

• 3.  Re: PSA: Updating from 10.x to 12.x may delete some passwords

Posted Jan 22, 2019 07:16 PM

I hit the exact same issue...also affected a few logins out of 100's.

No firm solution or explanation as yet..

• 4.  Re: PSA: Updating from 10.x to 12.x may delete some passwords

Posted Jan 23, 2019 01:15 PM

Out of curiosity which version of v12.2.X did you upgraded to TonyFerraro609475  & Carsten_Schmitz.

• 5.  Re: PSA: Updating from 10.x to 12.x may delete some passwords

Posted Jan 24, 2019 05:09 AM

12.2.0+hf.2.build.1855

Best regards,

Carsten

• 6.  Re: PSA: Updating from 10.x to 12.x may delete some passwords

Posted Jan 23, 2019 01:56 PM

This is Esther Sekar working with Tony in the same team.

We found these messages in the Automation Engine logs during our upgrade.

We were upgrading from 10.0.8+build.481 to 12.2.0+hf.1.build.1840 and after our automation engine upgrade we brought the QA system up. But we saw these kind of message " U00005142 An invalid password in login ojbect 'QA.LOGIN.***' was deleted. We did not upgrade yet as we had to back out due to other performance related issues.

But we planning for an upgrade again this coming Saturday and would like to that our UC4 login objects will be intact after our upgrade.

We have already raised a ticket to CA and more details could be found in the ticket.