Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Scheduler Modifications - DB Query

Posted Mar 09, 2018 12:54 AM
    I'm trying to find a way to check all the modifications that are made to a Scheduler. No versions are stored in Documentation Tab(They might have got deleted!!).

I am using the below query but it's giving me the last modified time and user who modified it. Is there anyway to found what changes are made by that user at that time?

select oh.OH_name, TO_CHAR(oh.oh_moddate,'DD-MM-YYYY HH:MM')as oh_moddate,usr.USR_FIRSTNAME, usr.USR_LASTNAME from uc4.oh, uc4.usr where oh_name = 'TEST_JSCH' and usr.usr_oh_idnr=oh.oh_moduseridnr;

• 2.  Scheduler Modifications - DB Query

Posted Mar 09, 2018 02:40 AM
    Hey Reddy,

Check if version management is enabled in your client. See vara UC_CLIENT_SETTINGS. Value for VERSION_MANAGEMENT must be "Y" if enabled.

If it's not, one could only check old reports and anticipate what has changed. You can find old reports via Statistics or db table RH.

Matthias

• 3.  Scheduler Modifications - DB Query

Posted Mar 09, 2018 03:02 AM
    Thank you Matthias,

Version Management is enabled, I believe version will be not be stored for the last made changes. It will be saved only if you make changes again.(The changes made now will not stored as they are currently active and they can be shown directly.)

I know the changes that are made. I need to cross check with the user details.

• 4.  Scheduler Modifications - DB Query

Posted Mar 09, 2018 04:52 AM
    reddy.bharathkumar said:
    Thank you Matthias,

Version Management is enabled, I believe version will be not be stored for the last made changes. It will be saved only if you make changes again.(The changes made now will not stored as they are currently
    Yes, this may be correct. It has always been the case that the latest change metadata (e.g. date of the latest change) has not been in the "versioning" tab, but only in the object properties. This can be confusing at times.

No versions are stored in Documentation Tab(They might have got deleted!!).

Do you transport objects using Transport Case / ucybdbld? If so, that would explain why your version history got deleted. Importing any object via Transport Case wipes the versioning history clean. Yes, that sucks :)

hth,

Carsten

• 5.  Scheduler Modifications - DB Query

Posted Mar 09, 2018 05:06 AM
    Hi Reddy,

If version management wasn't enabled before and you enabled it after my post that is correct. It won't show changes made in the past, cause the engine didn't save any data on who changed an object and what was changed. So there is no way of restoring who changed your scheduler in the past and what was changed, but there will be in the future.

If version management was enabled before there might be several reasons why there is no version history. Transport of objects via transportcase, database reorganisation,  VERSIONS_SHOW_MAX set to 0 in the UC_SYSTEM_SETTINGS or simply it was never modified. Check the modification counter in the schedulers properties. e.g.

m85zejqpdamf.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/12/m85zejqpdamf.png" width="313">

Regarding the sql you posted.
    select oh.OH_name, TO_CHAR(oh.oh_moddate,'DD-MM-YYYY HH:MM')as oh_moddate,usr.USR_FIRSTNAME, usr.USR_LASTNAME from uc4.oh, uc4.usr where oh_name = 'TEST_JSCH' and usr.usr_oh_idnr=oh.oh_moduseridnr;
    This will only give you time, date and name of the last modifier. If you wanna check in the future use the documentation tab. Note that an entry doesn't show when an object was changed and who made that change. It only shows when the version was created that was changed and who owned it before. So you have to check the next younger version to get the modifier and modification time.

Matthias

• 6.  Scheduler Modifications - DB Query

Posted Mar 09, 2018 03:33 PM
    Hey Reddy,

I would also make sure you have the Keep Last parameter set on your Reorg DB utility for version management. The Keep last setting should have priority over the number of days parameter

• 7.  Scheduler Modifications - DB Query

Posted Mar 10, 2018 03:48 AM
    Hi Reddy,

If version management wasn't enabled before and you enabled it after my post that is correct. It won't show changes made in the past, cause the engine didn't save any data on who changed an object and what was changed. So there is no way of restoring who changed your scheduler in the past and what was changed, but there will be in the future.

If version management was enabled before there might be several reasons why there is no version history. Transport of objects via transportcase, database reorganisation,  VERSIONS_SHOW_MAX set to 0 in the UC_SYSTEM_SETTINGS or simply it was never modified. Check the modification counter in the schedulers properties. e.g.

m85zejqpdamf.png

Regarding the sql you posted.
    This will only give you time, date and name of the last modifier. If you wanna check in the future use the documentation tab. Note that an entry doesn't show when an object was changed and who made that change. It only shows when the version was created that was changed and who owned it before. So you have to check the next younger version to get the modifier and modification time.

Matthias

All, the version management is enabled earlier also, and it was working fine. I believe there was some confusion in my initial statement. Versions are available for the earlier changes that are made. As Carsten Schmitz mentioned "Yes, this may be correct. It has always been the case that the latest change metadata (e.g. date of the latest change) has not been in the "versioning" tab, but only in the object properties. This can be confusing at times." there is no version for the last changes made.

I've compared the current metadata to the latest available version to find out the changes.
    Thank you guys for your help.