Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Workflow status

Posted Apr 25, 2018 04:14 PM

On AE 11.2 ,   I have several flows that are manipulating files.   If one of the flows does not have any files to process on a given day, I want to cancel the rest of the workflow --- I have the cancel working with CANCEL_UC_OBJECT(Flow_ID, ALL),  but I actually want this to end with a 'Normal Status' but with Status Text  and Archive Key1 set to a literal 'no files to process'.  

-I can set pre-conditions on the each of the remaining steps checking a variable and skipping if the variable = 'no files to process',  but that requires changes to each task properties tab for every subsequent step in the flow.  

-Or nest the flow and move the file selection to a higher level flow and only invoke the lower flow when needed.   Strikes me as unnecessary complication

---- the files being tested are remote (not in our datacenter), so using RA_FTP to check for file existence.

How can I set the status code OR return code OR status_text OR Archive_key1 value for these flows?

Ideas?

• 2.  Re: Workflow status
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 25, 2018 05:12 PM

Hello,

maybe you can check the files in advance and start the workflow only if files to process can be found. So you can avoid to cancel the workflow. Would this fit for you ?

Thomas

• 3.  Re: Workflow status

Posted Apr 26, 2018 02:09 PM

Thomas,

That was one of the options I felt was more complex than needed.     But right now it is the only one that will work.