Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  How to save changes to XML DOCU tabs?

Posted Dec 04, 2018 06:49 AM

Yesterday I posted a new document, Working with XML in the Automation Engine. There’s one thing I have not figured out though: how to save changes to a structured documentation tab of an AE object.

I assumed simply running :XML_CLOSE after making changes to the open XML DOM would do the trick, but apparently this is not the case. Upon closer inspection, I see that the documentation makes this limitation clear:

XML_SET_ATTRIBUTE

Please note that only the element stored in the memory will be changed. The Documentation tab is not affected by this.

XML_SET_NODE_TEXT

The element is only stored in the memory using the script function. The Documentation tab is not affected by this.

So what’s the trick? How does one save changes to an XML DOCU tab?

• 2.  Re: How to save changes to XML DOCU tabs?

Posted Jan 10, 2019 10:54 AM

I’ve played around a bit with the relevant Java APIs:

Here too, I was unable to find a way to save changes to an XML documentation tab. Am I overlooking something?

#aejavaapis #javaapplicationinterface #caautomicautomationengine

• 3.  Re: How to save changes to XML DOCU tabs?

Posted Jan 17, 2019 05:56 AM

I discovered that there’s an internal script function called XML_WRITE_DOCU. It’s mentioned in the documentation of message U00020678:

U00020678 Runtime error in object '&01', line '&02'. XML_WRITE_DOCU: Cannot access object: '&04' because it is opened by user: '&06' since: '&05'.

Attempting to use this script function results in message U00020999.

U000209989 Runtime error in object '&01', line '&02': You do not have the necessary authorization for this instruction.

Perhaps XML_WRITE_DOCU will be made public in a future version.

• 4.  RE: How to save changes to XML DOCU tabs?

Posted Jul 08, 2020 06:13 AM
    Could we please get an update from @Broadcom Community on this question? ​

• 5.  RE: How to save changes to XML DOCU tabs?

Posted Mar 26, 2021 08:30 AM
    Any chance of getting an answer to this question?