Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Recuring workflow triggering Promptset

Posted Dec 20, 2018 11:12 AM

Dear Community,

I try to implement a fuctionionallity to watch a directory for files and if a new file pops up i want to start a call to some logged in users and ask back if the processing of the file should start. To process the file i need some more additional information which I want to read via promptset and push to a second workflow started from the first workflow via activate_uc_object.

As i designed the process i kept logged in and anything worked fine but after new login the object with the promptset doesn't start with fault_other - user with session not found. From documentation I got the hint that the user started the prozess need to be same with same session.

Workflow1:

Event -> Call (Request to 4 users) -> Script (activate Workflow2)

Workflow2:

PromptSet -> Data-Processing

Is there any way how i can have a recuring planed workflow watch a direction and get a promptset for a different user logged in other than the user planned the workflow?

• 2.  Re: Recuring workflow triggering Promptset

Posted Dec 20, 2018 12:42 PM

I wonder if the script in Workflow1 could use a :READ command to prompt for the desired user input, and then pass that value to Workflow2?

EDIT: I fear this idea might have the same issue.

• 3.  Re: Recuring workflow triggering Promptset

Posted Dec 20, 2018 02:26 PM

Hi

usually if an object gets started by another object and not the user itself the PRPT or READ won't pop up.

So in my opinion you have following possibilities:

A) get the CALL object and start teh workflow (with PRPT or :READ) manually

B) let the CALL call the workflow with some defaults (if possible)

cheers, Wolfgang

• 4.  Re: Recuring workflow triggering Promptset

Posted Dec 27, 2018 03:13 AM

I would use a VARA where I will fill in the data from WF1 so that when WF2 starts to read the data first from this VARA and then proceed further.