Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Web Interface performance

Posted Mar 22, 2018 08:02 AM
    Hello,

version 12.1.0+hf.2.build.1748

2 questions really:

1.I am just wondering if anyone else has issues with the performance in the web interface?  When we monitor any workflows with a large number of jobs (140) it seems to be a little slow in being able to navigate through the monitor window. I have also noticed a few times when I click on a workflow in a monitor, the focus will jump back to the previous workflow i clicked on?

2. On 2 separate occasions we have had an end point in a workflow just sit there with 'waiting for predecessor' even though the last job ENDED OK. There is a dependency on the end point checking the result of the last job which is ANY_OK else SKIP...
    Not seen this happen before ...

Cheers,

Dan

• 2.  Web Interface performance

Posted Mar 22, 2018 08:16 AM
    Hi,

1) not really, no - but we didn't really test huge workflows so far. Only thing we did notice is the context menu occasionally taking up to 20 seconds to populate. I have not seen the focus jumps you report. Apart from the above, performance has been quite okay really.

Have you tried different browsers yet?

2) haven't seen this happen so far ...

Best regards,
    Carsten

• 3.  Web Interface performance

Posted Mar 22, 2018 08:25 AM
    Hi Carsten,

Only tried this on google chrome so far.  I have only ever used the thick client version up until about 4 months ago and the WI seems a bit less reactive..  Will just keep on using it and see if I notice any patterns in performance.

Cheers,

Dan

• 4.  Web Interface performance

Posted Mar 22, 2018 08:29 AM
    Hi Dan,

I'm in no way oposed to Chrome (I consider it to have the best JS performance for web apps and I'm normally an Opera user, which essentially is a de-bundled Chrome).

But since my company forbids Chrome, and for what it's worth, all our tests were done with IE11 and (some) Firefox. Maybe give those a try, see how the mileage is. And if you'll find that IE actually performs better than Chome, do let us know (so I can make preparations, because then, the end of times must truly be upon us ;) )

Cheers,
    Carsten

• 5.  Web Interface performance

Posted Mar 22, 2018 08:37 AM
    Hi Carsten,

Cheers again for your answer .... I will have a go with IE11 and see how i get on.  Will report back on any noticeable differences.

Cheers,

Dan