Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  SQL job stuck in post-processing

Posted Feb 13, 2018 01:30 PM
    I have an SQL job that ended in error, but is now stuck in Post processing status. I’ve tried a number of things:
    • Cancel: No effect
    • Modify status manually: The Java User Interface hung completely.
    • Restart AE: No effect
    • Restart AE with cold start: No effect
    Any ideas? (FWIW: this is AE v12.1.1.)

• 2.  SQL job stuck in post-processing

Posted Feb 13, 2018 01:58 PM
    Well dear friends, my poor v12.1.1 system is not very happy. Moments ago the whole system hung, and all WPs refused to respond to stop commands from the SMgr. Yikes. I’m once again resorting to extreme measures to recover the system. :#

While bringing the system back up, I ran into something that others will surely encounter, so I thought I would document it here. If you try to log in before starting at least one Java Work Process (JWP), you will see messages like these in the WP log:
    U00003200 No JWP active.
    U00003234 Logon error: Access denied. (Connection='*CP001#00000006', host = 'CHR5BD77')
    U00011800 Disconnect User: Cannot find user '*CP001#00000006' in the table AKT-USER.
    Start a JWP, and you’ll be able to log in.

This dependence on the JWP is something new in v12.1.1. — Update: I think this restriction might be limited to AE systems that are configured to use LDAP for user authentication.

• 3.  SQL job stuck in post-processing

Posted Feb 13, 2018 02:06 PM
    This time, when I started the system up again, I started in in the mode ‘cold start with system stop’. When the system came up, the offending SQL job had the status Inconsistent. I was then able to cancel and deactivate it.

This particular SQL job is configured in an unusual way (more on that later), so I have at least an idea what might have triggered the problem. I’ll investigate more tomorrow. If anyone has seen something like this before and has ideas, please let me know.

• 4.  SQL job stuck in post-processing

Posted Feb 13, 2018 02:55 PM
    If cancel object AND modify_status_manually out of Activity window does not help - the last possibility (to my knowledge) is the activities delete script from Support...

If I remember right a COLD start clears all Tables, but not MQSRV (or was it MQMEM?) -anyway  the main- table for all WPs...

Its always a $$/(%&(/%  situation if AE hangs in any PROCESSING state of an object...

Cancel object sometimes works after an amount of time, but not everytime...
    Modify status manually works more often but its no 100% chance to get rid of this issue..

As mentioned, my last (and I definitely mean LAST) attempt would be the delete script...

cheers, Wolfgang

• 5.  SQL job stuck in post-processing

Posted Feb 13, 2018 03:27 PM
    FrankMuffke: I don’t mind having to wait or even resort to SQL DELETE statements to clean up the mess caused by obscure AE bugs. I do find it slightly inconvenient though when the whole system dies.  ;)

• 6.  SQL job stuck in post-processing

Posted Feb 14, 2018 01:50 AM
    Absolutely correct!

• 7.  SQL job stuck in post-processing

Posted Feb 14, 2018 03:29 AM
    Just clearified with support, V12.0 delete Script can used for V12.1 as well.....