Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Agent Deployment and Upgrade Toolkit 1.2 Error

Posted Nov 03, 2017 01:03 PM
    I am trying to run the multiple agent upgrade in 12.1 and i'm getting this error:
    Program 'UC4 Job Messenger' version '12.1.0+build.796' terminated normally c:\>cd D:\Automic\AgentDeploymentAndUpgradeToolkit c:\>java -jar "D:\Automic\AgentDeploymentAndUpgradeToolkit\AgentDeployTools.jar" CreateConnVara "D:\Automic\AgentDeploymentAndUpgradeToolkit\server_list.csv" ERROR >>> Unable to process config.ini file!
    What's even more confusing is that the config.ini mates the screenshot in the documentation, but the description below if completely different names, I've tried both with no luck.

The single agent deploy does not give me issues

• 2.  Agent Deployment and Upgrade Toolkit 1.2 Error

Posted Nov 06, 2017 11:01 AM
    So for anyone searching that runs across this.
    Even though java points to exactly the same version as explicitly defined and the job is cding to the correct directory, setting the working directory to the actual directory and explicitly defining java gave me the error:
    Trying to connect to client 0 using the following:      Server:          null      Port:          0      Client:          0      Username:     null      Department:     null      Language:     E java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: hostname can't be null      at java.net.InetSocketAddress.checkHost(InetSocketAddress.java:149)      at java.net.InetSocketAddress.<init>(InetSocketAddress.java:216)      at com.uc4.communication.Connection.open(Connection.java:495)      at com.uc4.communication.Connection.open(Connection.java:436)      at com.uc4.communication.Connection.open(Connection.java:413)      at AgentDeployTools.login(AgentDeployTools.java:364)      at AgentDeployTools.main(AgentDeployTools.java:90)
    Setting the ini to match the image in the documentation and not the text allowed me to then resolve this error.
    Not sure why being explicit about the java path made a difference or the initial working directory if the path is being set in the process tab, but it would be nice if the documentation was correct on the values needed in the config