Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Viewing report output

Posted Feb 28, 2018 11:35 AM
    Some of my users are unable to open the output from their jobs because of the login object.  They receive an error that the login object is not accessible.  This is in our Test environment.  Each user has read only permissions (no update).  In lower environments (Development and  integration) they are able to access the same job output with no problems. 

• 2.  Viewing report output

Posted Feb 28, 2018 11:42 AM
    Hi.

There are specific permissions that enable users to see reports (designated by the letter "P" in the permission matrix). Have you checked those?

Otherwise, please post the exact error message with Automic error code included, and/or a screenshot of it.

Hth,
    Carsten

• 3.  Viewing report output

Posted Feb 28, 2018 11:50 AM

I have select p for logins and extrep in the assigned user group.   The error is U00000009 'LOGIN.RDW': Access Denied.  This is also showing for LOGIN.RMS.

• 4.  Viewing report output

Posted Feb 28, 2018 11:52 AM
    Hi.

Users need "P" permissions for the jobs (JOBS, JOBP ...) they are supposed to view reports for. Not for login objects.

Best,
    Carsten

• 5.  Viewing report output

Posted Feb 28, 2018 11:56 AM
    Thank you. 

• 6.  Viewing report output

Posted Feb 28, 2018 12:12 PM
    Oh, and I would also not rule out the possibility that one of the internal objects is to blame, to which users need access, and not all of them are documented.

If you can't resolve it by giving users report read rights to their executable objects (such as jobs), you might want to see this thread; you can configure "audit failure" messages which would then tell you which rights are lacking.

Disclaimer: while the concept appears sound, I have not tried this myself, no idea how useful the results will turn out to be.

• 7.  RE: Viewing report output

Posted Nov 03, 2020 02:49 PM

We just hit this on 12.3.2 HF1. We found for active jobs, even for a read only role, the UserGroup requires "Execute" for Login objects for this to work. Which seems odd for just viewing the report but it fixed the issue.

Just documenting for future reference as this thread is old.