Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Move Files From Windows Server to Unix Server via scripting

Posted Aug 16, 2018 08:43 AM

Hi All,

I have an requirement to move a text file from Windows server (UC4 Agent installed) to an Unix server in which the UC4 agent is not installed.

Is it possible to achieve this scenario using any UC4 or Unix scripting? If so kindly suggest some ideas.

#caautomicworkloadautomation #uc4 #automicsupport ##caautomic

Thanks,

Ganesh

• 2.  Re: Move Files From Windows Server to Unix Server via scripting
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 16, 2018 02:35 PM

Hi

there is no UC4 script function to transfer files - no matter if an agent is installed or not.

As the target server does not have a unix agent installed, you can't use a common File Transfer job.

The only solution is using means of your OS to transfer the file such as FTP, SCP, RCP, Samba, etc...

This can be done with a WIN Job or a Unix job from UC4.

cheers, Wolfgang

• 3.  Re: Move Files From Windows Server to Unix Server via scripting

Posted Aug 16, 2018 02:53 PM

Thanks Wolfgang...

I tried with the normal windows job but couldn't make. Can you share the Process tab of the job to make this working.?

• 4.  Re: Move Files From Windows Server to Unix Server via scripting

Posted Aug 17, 2018 01:11 AM

Hi

that depends on your possibilities and restrictions of your OS servers.... Which means of file transportation are available there.

Actually its an OSserver topic and not a UC4 topic.

I personally would install an agent on both machines and use an UC4 Filetransfer.

cheers, Wolfgang

• 5.  Re: Move Files From Windows Server to Unix Server via scripting

Posted Aug 17, 2018 07:59 AM

An other option could be to install and use the FTP Agent. It can connect to FTP/SFTP on the Unix box if configured and you can transfer it as well. For sure it depends on how much Windows and Unix servers you talk about at the end of the day, which soultion fit's best. 
    Out of the Box there is no Windows / Unix or Unix / Windows OS based solution working without any configurations required to do this at command line level.