Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  How do I know that the SAP CALL API installation has completed properly?

Posted Feb 05, 2018 08:57 AM

I installed the SAP CALL API as instructed (steps 1-5)

https://docs.automic.com/documentation/WEBHELP/English/all/components/AE/10/All%20Guides/Content/ucachw.htm

I ran the command: java -jar ucxsapc.jar

But nothing happened.
    Do I need to see something after installation like service?

• 2.  How do I know that the SAP CALL API installation has completed properly?
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 05, 2018 09:19 AM
    You should see a new, running java process that ideally does not die, and does not write any errors into it's logfile.

The real test, then, is defining the RFC interface ("RFC" as in SAP's Remote Function Call) and using the Call API to call UC4 Jobs from within SAP.

• 3.  How do I know that the SAP CALL API installation has completed properly?

Posted Feb 05, 2018 09:42 AM

Thanks for the quick reply.

The process appears for a few seconds and disappears.

Where can I find the log to know why it crashes?

Best regards,

Shay Shabo

• 4.  How do I know that the SAP CALL API installation has completed properly?

Posted Feb 06, 2018 03:55 AM
    Hi,

Check the .ini file, it defines a logfile and a trace file:

[GLOBAL]
    logging=some_file

[TRACE]
    file=some_other_file

Make sure the given directories in front of the filename exists and are writable, and the thing should write logs (and traces, in case of serious problems). Most of the time.

And thus, the bad news: The agent does not always write logs when it has a problem. I found that in some cases, it simply crashes. In those cases there's two things you can do: debug it with strace or somesuch (advanced topic, complicated massively by the fact that it's Java), or check your installation trial-and-error style. E.g. check that you have the SAP libraries that are needed in the bin directory as per the documentation, and if you have set things like UC_EX_PATH_JOBREPORT set in the ini file, that the respective paths exist and are writable.

Hope this helps,

p.s. oh, and this: if you're starting the SAP agent from the service manager, try starting it from the shell directly, for testing. Sometimes it talks about it's existential issues on the console :)