Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  U0000063 Partner % is not connected to the server

Posted Oct 19, 2017 10:42 AM
    A user has set up a script that triggers a number of job plans. The script is run ad hoc when needed but ends with status 'FAULT_OTHER - Start impossible. Other error.'  if the user ID that executes the script logs off before the job plans are completed. The job plans that are triggered by the script are completed successfully but the script is generating failures with the last message in the job details stating 'U0000063 Partner % is not connected to the server'. Is this normal behavior for UC4 V10 that a script will show as status failed if the user who triggers the script logs off before the job plans have finished to completion?  Any help with this error would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

• 2.  U0000063 Partner % is not connected to the server

Posted Oct 19, 2017 11:39 AM
    As a workaround, consider doing a copy/paste of your script logic into a JOBS object and run it from there, instead of from a SCRI object.  I would not expect this behavior from a JOBS object.

I have not experienced your exact scenario (that I know of), but I know I have replaced some of my SCRI processes with JOBS processes because I needed more control over what was going on. 

• 3.  U0000063 Partner % is not connected to the server

Posted Oct 19, 2017 11:43 AM
    So I'm trying to figure out WHY they may have engineered this behavior into the system...

I think the behavior you have observed has implications to the CALLAPI interface?   I could see a CALLAPI invocation kicking off a script that goes into a loop or gets stuck, but you could kill the stuck script by killing the CALLAPI task on the remote machine.

• 4.  U0000063 Partner % is not connected to the server

Posted Oct 20, 2017 08:41 AM

Have you tried to set the attribute “Generate at runtime” for the script object?

bgnxj95er548.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/3c/bgnxj95er548.png" width="644">

I think, it should work than.

• 5.  U0000063 Partner % is not connected to the server

Posted Nov 03, 2017 08:31 AM
    Checking the option 'generate at run time' resolved the issue. Thanks for the help.