Automic Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Analytics-dashboard (Automic Web Interface 12.0.X) is always -3 hour than job report.

• 1.  Analytics-dashboard (Automic Web Interface 12.0.X) is always -3 hour than job report.

Posted Jul 09, 2018 06:38 AM

Custom timezone (TZ.EEST) - UTC+2 defined (Client 0,1000, Job, User), the same time is defined on the AE & Agent OS.

Analytics Postgresql db & Automation Engine db MSSQL have also UTC+2.

What it may cause this 3 hour difference between the Job report and the Dashboard Analytics report?

Note: All reports from the execution Utility DB revision & AE DB reporting tool (job execution, start/end time etc) are lined/correct according to the defined timezone TZ.EEST.

Thank you.

• 2.  Re: Analytics-dashboard (Automic Web Interface 12.0.X) is always -3 hour than job report.

Posted Jul 12, 2018 08:49 AM

There are a few ways to adjust the timestamps on the individual records... 

1) and what I would consider to be an acceptable method... since you have the ability to write the records to a temporary csv file prior to merge with SQL, write a separate script in Python that opens and processes against the field you are using for reporting ('LastUpdateDate', 'CreationDate', 'AcceptedDate' etc.) by the delta time differential and add that as a post-download/pre-merge processing step in your script that loads your data.

2) and what I would consider more maintenance than I care to take on for future-proofing CA Agile Central DbConnector developments... modify the existing dbeif code to remedy the time difference on the initial download prior to the writing of the data to SQL.

Good Luck!

Ernie

• 3.  Re: Analytics-dashboard (Automic Web Interface 12.0.X) is always -3 hour than job report.

Posted Jul 12, 2018 03:14 PM

Im running into the same issue in my environment. It appears it is using the endtime that is in the AE database AH table for the displayed analytics endtime. 

It is my understanding that all times in the AE database are in UTC and then calculations are made based off this time for each client, job, etc. TZ object.

• 4.  Re: Analytics-dashboard (Automic Web Interface 12.0.X) is always -3 hour than job report.

Posted Jul 20, 2018 04:47 AM

Thank you for your response.

The java class AnalyticsPluginInstance evaluates/indicates that the chosen timezone defined in Automation Engine objects is proper or not..

In case TZ name is different than Supported Timezones abbreviation: CET (UTC+02:00), MET (UTC+02:00), GB (UTC+01:00), PST8PDT (UTC-07:00), MST7MDT (UTC-06:00), CST6CDT (UTC-05:00), EST5EDT (UTC-04:00), ROK (UTC+09:00), PRC (UTC+08:00), W-SU (UTC+03:00), WET (UTC+01:00), GMT (UTC+00:00), NZ (UTC+13:00), NZ-CHAT (UTC+13:45) then the analytics uses the default timezone UTC (-3 hours than mine).

So now the timezone name is defined with the proper CET but from the other hand the issue there is -1 hour difference in analytics, obviously because the Daylight Saving Time now is utc+3 (summertime) while the default value for the CET object timezone is utc+2.

If i change CET object from utc+2 to utc+3, the report is 1 hour in advance.

I guess the Daylight Saving Time can't be recognized in analytics, it keeps the default utc+2 timezone value. Is that true?
    Does anyone solve this issue somehow?

• 5.  Re: Analytics-dashboard (Automic Web Interface 12.0.X) is always -3 hour than job report.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 24, 2018 02:08 PM

Hi Michael_Pirson ,

The time zone object has to have the same name as the ones mentioned in the documentation. If you want to create one for PST it has to have the name PST8PDT. Add it to the user object, log off the AWI and log on again. Now you will see the right time zone.

Only the ones in the documentation are supported.

Cheers,

Alexander

• 6.  Re: Analytics-dashboard (Automic Web Interface 12.0.X) is always -3 hour than job report.

Posted Jul 25, 2018 11:38 AM

Thanks Alex that was the issue.

For those wondering the information is under Dashboards -> Analytics Widget part of the documentation and not the install guide.

Additionally, this does not appear to be a Timezone object that ships with the product as I had to create it manually.

Regards,

Michael

• 7.  Re: Analytics-dashboard (Automic Web Interface 12.0.X) is always -3 hour than job report.

Posted Mar 06, 2019 04:11 AM

Hi Alexander,

For the above post, can you explain where the user_object resides which will reflect the correct time zone? I have created MST7MDT object in one of the folder. I have updated one of the job with newly created time zone and ran the job. But still analytics widget shows UTC time only. Am i missing something here? Any help would be great. 

• 8.  RE: Re: Analytics-dashboard (Automic Web Interface 12.0.X) is always -3 hour than job report.

Posted Mar 17, 2021 06:07 PM
    Hi Alex,
    The PST8PDT is not working in the version 12.3.4 HF1 after the upgrade. It was working in 12.2.2 HF3 version. After the upgrade the analytics dashboard shows UTC time. Anything changed during this version or anything needs to be updated to reflect right time zone. Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
    Prakash S

• 9.  Re: Analytics-dashboard (Automic Web Interface 12.0.X) is always -3 hour than job report.

Posted Jul 25, 2018 06:32 AM

Hi all,

So far i couldn't find summer time in the above list, for EST (EEST now).

The timezone i need is the EEST for summertime.

The closest to my timezone could be CET (+2) but only for winter (october-march).

So the main problem i guess is the Time Zones in Greece  EST/EEST (Eastern Standard Time/Eastern European Summer Time) does not exist on the supported timezone catalog.

Cheers,

Eleftherios.

• 10.  Re: Analytics-dashboard (Automic Web Interface 12.0.X) is always -3 hour than job report.
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 25, 2018 01:29 PM

Hi EleftheriosKyriakidis604707 

Sorry to hear that the current set of available timezone for the Widget does not include one for EEST.  I have created an product ideas (and also added you as author, in case you want to edit/add any other info) on your behalf and for anyone else who does not have their timezone in the Analytic Widget supported list - I recommend commenting & voting on this Idea thread:  Analytic Widget Supported Time Zone 

Edit:  For anyone on the Community that are running onto this issues; take a look at the comment made by Alexander & Michael (in case the your time zone is on the list of supported) as it may resolved your issue.