Automic Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

FileProcessingMaxDepth Parameter set in INI file of an Agent vs. file event settings

• 1.  FileProcessingMaxDepth Parameter set in INI file of an Agent vs. file event settings

Posted Feb 16, 2017 10:02 AM

Customer Question: Who has higher hand? FileProcessingMaxDepth Parameter set in Ini file of an Agent set to 1 or filewatcher Event that has the "Include sub-directories" checked in File System tab.

This parameter specifies the maximum level of sub-directories for FileSystem events. "1" means the files are only searched in the search directory. Sub-directories are not included in this search.

Solution:

We have tested this case extensively and the setting in the Agent INI file has priority over the setting in file event.

• 2.  FileProcessingMaxDepth Parameter set in INI file of an Agent vs. file event settings

Posted Nov 27, 2017 02:42 PM
    I currently am running on a 11.2.4 system with an 11.2.1 UNIX (Solaris) agent.

In the INI file we have:

; FileProcessingMaxDepth=0

So the line is commented out - but per the HELP it says the default is 0 - there is no limitation and sub directories will be checked.

I just did a test and created /tmp/testfileABC.txt as well as /tmp/test/testfileABC.txt and have my file event set to PATH_FILE_COUNT = 1.

The file event ends successfully finding the file.  

Am I misunderstanding how this should work?  Shouldn't the file event remain checking / looking for the file because it is looking for only 1 file, but because it is checking the sub directory it is finding 2?

We just ran into an issue with FileProcessingMaxDepth on our Linux servers and changed it so that it was set to 1.  Before I changed it on all my other agents I thought I would do a little test and seeing these odd results.

I want to make sure I understand this setting.  My intent had been to update all the agent INI's so that FileProcessingMaxDepth was set to 1.  And instruct users if they wanted to override that to use the checkmark box on the File System tab (include subdirectores), but this isn't working as I was expecting.

Can anyone help?