Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Split production and development support

Posted Dec 21, 2017 12:04 PM
    Hello friends,

Since I started work with One Automation and in all the companies I worked for, only one team managed the production and development environment, taking care of the tool'a programming too.

I would like to know if where you work are the same or there is a team for each environment/tool's programming.

regards

• 2.  Split production and development support

Posted Dec 21, 2017 01:50 PM
    In my current company one team is responsible for the Automic System (actually 2: PROD and DEV) and the Components & Processes needed for it (DB, Agents, Reorg, etc...)

every Department is responsible for its clients on these both systems for  development and  deployment of code, etc.

we have some guys that own a special role that help you if you have questions how to implement or code something - someday I will be part of this team :-)

• 3.  Split production and development support

Posted Dec 22, 2017 03:00 AM
    Same for us, me and my colleague are operating the system(s). We don't do any development, but we do have the role of a "Automic guru " Wolfgang described. Also that does not make much sence.

FrankMuffke: If I can do you a favour. You can have my guru role :smiley:

• 4.  Split production and development support

Posted Dec 22, 2017 03:18 AM
    MatthiasSchelp

Why don't you like being an Automic Guru?
    Imagine your Tombstone in far future: Matthias Schelp, CA, Automic, UC4 and SBB Guru - the one and only amongst dozens of others....

o:)

• 5.  Split production and development support

Posted Dec 22, 2017 04:02 AM
    B) You know how to butter me up Wolfgang. I'de give that tombstone to Michael_Lowry or yourself as long as we can find one that fits all the name conversions Automic made in a distant future  :D

• 6.  Split production and development support

Posted Jan 02, 2018 06:34 AM
    Matthias Schelp said:
    as long as we can find one that fits all the name conversions Automic made in a distant future  :D

With current world market prices for decent slabs of stone, good luck with that. Not even a digital tombstone is large enough to hold all them names for a decent guru epitaph ...

3934axnodq58.jpghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/g4/3934axnodq58.jpg" width="400">