Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  File Transfer - Write transferred file names to variable

Posted Apr 27, 2018 12:00 AM

Hi there,

I want to do a file transfer (using the file transfer object) and write the filenames that were successfully transferred to a variable.

What's the best way of achieving this?

I have attempted doing a post process prep_process_report, however the prep_process_report is failing, more than likely due to this issue: PREP_PROCESS_REPORT function not working in file transfer object .  Even if this was working, I'm struggling to get the script working to get just the filenames (I've tested using a windows object)

Does anyone have a good way of achieving this? I'd be happy with a script for prep_process_report looking at a command prompt DIR.

Thanks,

Scott

• 2.  Re: File Transfer - Write transferred file names to variable

Posted Apr 27, 2018 03:29 AM

Hi

You can use script command GET_STATISTIC_DETAIL with parameter DST_FILE_NAME.

This only works if you use a single filetransfer, no wildcards and returns only the selected file, not if it was successful or not !!

Otherwise its a lot of scripting with string-functions to get the data out of the report (PRO: you only get the successfully transferred filenames)

another idea: do a prep_process_filename with the selection of the JOBF object - its not 100% safe if the JOBF runs longer...

last Idea: do you insist in a JOBF?

If not, you can create a script or job, do a prep_process_filename in it and start an OS job for every file-move(or copy) - in Post process of your file move job you can update the variable objct.

cheers, Wolfgang

Automic 

• 3.  Re: File Transfer - Write transferred file names to variable

Posted Jul 20, 2018 02:37 AM

Thanks Wolfgang.

I'm simply copying all folder contents now, so no need for the individual filenames anymore.

Thanks for your answer, I will be sure to use some of your answer in future scripts.

• 4.  Re: File Transfer - Write transferred file names to variable

Posted Jul 20, 2018 03:51 PM

Your 're welcome :-)

cheers, Wolfgang