Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  What privilages are needed to add Objects to Usergroup favourites

Posted Sep 20, 2016 11:45 AM
    Hi all,
    I'm starting to use the ECC quite a bit lately and I'm trying to give other Application Superusers access to add their Jobs to their group favorites.

Although I've seen the privileges "Manage Favorites on Supergroup level", this doesn't seem to give me the permissions I need.
    Most of my users have only Read/Execute access at the moment and this doesn't seems to be enough to add objects to favorite usergroups.

anyone know what I need to do to all my users add objects to usergroup favorites?

John.

• 2.  What privilages are needed to add Objects to Usergroup favourites
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 04, 2016 08:18 AM
    Hello John!

The one thing that you are probably missing is that a User needs at least Write access to the respective Favorites folder in the Authorizations tab to make it work.

For the User Favorites for a user MAX you need to add the rights to the FOLD \FAVORITES\MAX

If you want to give rights to add favorites for a user group TEAM you also need to add following authorizations:

At least write access to FOLD \FAVORITES\TEAM
    And also at least write access to USRG TEAM

Hope this helps!

br Iris

• 3.  What privilages are needed to add Objects to Usergroup favourites

Posted Oct 04, 2016 09:13 AM
    Iris_Muttenthaler_7233
    Hi,
    Thanks for this. When you mention the usergroup TEAM above and giving write access to FOLD\FAVORITES|TEAM, I'm not 100% clear what you mean...

If you look at my example below where my usergroup is GD_RX

I have added a line at the bottom but I'm not sure where the FAVORITES folder is specified. Do you mean in the name field where I have the ???, replace this with what?

xu240jb679ck.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/cb/xu240jb679ck.png" width="782">

• 4.  What privilages are needed to add Objects to Usergroup favourites

Posted Oct 04, 2016 10:20 AM
    Hi John!

In your example you have to replace the "???" with "\FAVORITES\GD_RX" (which is the folder path of the group's favorites)

• 5.  What privilages are needed to add Objects to Usergroup favourites

Posted Oct 04, 2016 11:58 AM
    Thanks, will try that.