Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  How do I run a job on an AS400(V7R1) under a different profile than the one used to log in?

Posted Jan 20, 2016 03:23 PM
    I am trying to create a job object that will run a job on our AS400 however due to the high authority needed to run the job I am unable to get it run under my profile and the profile needed can not be used by automic to log into the system.
    Does anyone know of a way to use login x to access the AS400 and then run a job with login y?

• 2.  How do I run a job on an AS400(V7R1) under a different profile than the one used to log in?

Posted Jan 21, 2016 01:12 PM
    Dear Ron,

The preferred way would be to create a login object with credentials of a user that has sufficient rights in order to run the job.

You may as well edit the agent's ini file and set the parameter "CheckLogon=0" in order to start tasks on the agent without checking the credentials first (the user who started the agent will then be used). However we do not recommend using this for security reasons.

Kind regards,
    Antoine

• 3.  How do I run a job on an AS400(V7R1) under a different profile than the one used to log in?

Posted Feb 02, 2016 12:11 PM
    Thank you Antoine!
     I am trying to avoid creating a new high authority profile on the system, but it sounds like this may be unavoidable.

Thanks again,
    Ron