Automic Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Is it possible to use multiple emails address in VARA used by Notification to store recipient email addresses?

• 1.  Is it possible to use multiple emails address in VARA used by Notification to store recipient email addresses?

Posted Sep 17, 2018 07:15 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to use a Variable to store email address that I'm using in my CALL objects.

When I try and add a second email address to the same variable value I get an SMTP error.

I have tried separating the email addresses with both a comma and semi-colan but neither work.

Anyone know if it's possible?

JOhn.

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to use multiple emails address in VARA used by Notification to store recipient email addresses?

Posted Sep 17, 2018 08:52 AM

Hi John,

I assume you are using the ADD_ATT script, right? Before V11 it was possible to separate email addresses via colon or semicolon, but that doesn't work anymore.

You can do one thing though, use the :WHILE "command"  for your requirement.

Example:

:SET &MAILADRESSES# = GET_VAR(MAIL.VARA,RECIPIENTLIST)
    :DEFINE &RECIPIENT#,string, 10
    :FILL &RECIPIENT#[] = STR_SPLIT(&MAILADRESSES#,",")
    :SET &LENGTH# = LENGTH(&RECIPIENT#[],SIZE)
    :PRINT &LENGTH#
    :SET &COUNTER# = "1"
    :WHILE &COUNTER# <= &LENGTH#
    :ADD_ATT RECIPIENT, "&RECIPIENT#[&COUNTER#]"
    :  SET &COUNTER# = &COUNTER# +1
    :ENDWHILE

Regards

Jan

• 3.  Re: Is it possible to use multiple emails address in VARA used by Notification to store recipient email addresses?

Posted Sep 17, 2018 09:25 AM

This is my Notification.

This is my VARA

• 4.  Re: Is it possible to use multiple emails address in VARA used by Notification to store recipient email addresses?
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 17, 2018 10:02 AM

Hi John,

the NOTIFY_HR mailing list won't work that way. You need either to separate NOTIFY_HR to two VARA keys and use three recipients in the CALL or you can leave the NOTIFY_HR as it is, remove it from the CALL recipient list and use script from my example instead.

Regards

Jan

• 5.  Re: Is it possible to use multiple emails address in VARA used by Notification to store recipient email addresses?

Posted Sep 17, 2018 10:47 AM

ok, thanks...