Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Automic REST API Calls

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2018 02:58 AM

How to call REST/SOAP API from Automic server? I have an API package as a .jar file which needs to be placed in Automic server and then use that API to communicate with any other server.

• 2.  Re: Automic REST API Calls

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2018 07:35 AM

Do you mean that you want to call external REST or SOAP APIs from Automic or that you want to call the Automic SOAP or REST API from external tools?

• 3.  Re: Automic REST API Calls

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2018 07:42 AM

Yes, I need to call external REST or SOAP APIs from Automic.
    I need to first create a jar file out of a package in Automic server and from there I need to call that API (This is an API call to ODSD to create a Change Request automatically). So, I need to call it from Automic server itself.

Thank you.

• 4.  Re: Automic REST API Calls

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2018 08:05 AM

In this case you can use the Webservice REST and Webservice SOAP agent. 

I do not understand, why you need the jar file. Basically the agents let you specify the location of the endpoints or WSDLs you want to call and then you can create jobs based on those connections. 

REST Agent Guide:

https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/AWA/12.2/RA_WEB_SERVICE_REST/4.4/Agent%20Guide/help_en.htm 

SOAP Agent Guide:

https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/AWA/12.2/RA_WEB_SERVICE_SOAP/4.4/Agent%20Guide/help_en.htm 

• 5.  Re: Automic REST API Calls

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 12, 2018 03:43 AM

Thanks Robert for the information.

We need to have agentless communication with ODSD/CSM as it is not hosted by CA anymore, but by Service Aide now and so we cannot install an agent there. So, I am trying to find out a way to use REST API from Automic Web Interface to connect to ODSD as I don't have access to Automic server(VM).

Any idea can we invoke REST API from AWI?

Thanks in advance.

• 6.  Re: Automic REST API Calls

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 12, 2018 06:54 AM

The Web Interface is just a user interface and not an method to perform REST calls. For performing REST calls you need the REST Web Services agent, which is connected to your Automic Server.

• 7.  Re: Automic REST API Calls

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 26, 2018 05:34 AM

Thanks a lot for the information, it helped me achieve what I wanted.

• 8.  RE: Re: Automic REST API Calls

Posted Aug 19, 2020 04:44 PM
    Hi Robert,
    We have wsdl xml file. Do you have any documentation on how to install wsdl xml file with REST or SOAP web services and trigger the job?
    Thanks,
    Prakash S

• 9.  Re: Automic REST API Calls

Posted Apr 26, 2019 01:22 PM

Hi Robert,

Kindly let me know is there an option to call a Rest API from appworx .( UC4 Applications Manager)

Please do reply us on priority so that we provide the relevant info.

Regards,

Mohd Zain Akbar