Automic Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

List of Jobs actually executed in workflow

• 1.  List of Jobs actually executed in workflow

Posted Mar 23, 2018 05:05 AM
    Hello,

We have a generic workflow that runs against several environments.  Depending on what environment it runs against will determine what jobs will actually run.

Once executed is there any way I can get a list of jobs that were actually executed in the order they were executed?

I know i could add some code to log this in each job but does Automic produce such a report/validation?

Cheers,

Dan.

• 2.  List of Jobs actually executed in workflow

Posted Mar 23, 2018 05:33 AM
    Hi Daniel,

what about statistic of child tasks (right click in the workflows statistic)? Is that what you're looking for?

Matthias

• 3.  List of Jobs actually executed in workflow

Posted Mar 23, 2018 06:02 AM
    Hi

just a small add to Matthias' information: apart from Child Statistics (which would be my first joice either) you can open the workflow monitor - here you can see its tasks & stati as well.

cheers, Wolfgang

• 4.  List of Jobs actually executed in workflow

Posted Mar 23, 2018 11:50 AM
    Hello,

Sorry for not replying ...

What I would like is some sort of report that shows me all the jobs that have actually executed rather than being ENDED_EMPTY (due to job run yes/no logic) for the particular environmental run.

We are in the process of converting a previous schedule tool to Automic so if i could compare lists from the 2 applications then that would assist in us proving we have migrated correctly....

Hope that makes sense..

Dan

• 5.  List of Jobs actually executed in workflow

Posted Mar 23, 2018 12:08 PM
    Hi

Whats not clear to me (but I have an idea,..) if tis is for some tests (=manually) or on an automativ basis...
    So if you want a report automatically you are required scripting a bit :-P

Your requirement is a bit tricky but not a big issue at all :-)

At Workflow actiavation you will get a List of Tasks with their Run IDs in the Workflow's Activation report, but not the status as the tasks did nor run so far...
    For this you could use PREP_PROCESS_REPORT searching for "U00007000" that prints task name & Run ID

For the END status of your tasks you must wait until they are finished (yeah clear :)  )
    here you could use GET_STATISTIC_DETAIL

I would put a CALL object at the very end of the workflow (generate@runtime!!!) and do the scripting there.
    You could do this generic to re-use it for other purposes...

To do list:
    Alpha: collecting the RUN IDs of your Workflow Tasks with PREP_PROCESS_REPORT (parent RUN# of your CALL obj)
    Beta: searching for the object end Status (ENDED_OK, NOT_OK or EMPTY) with GET_STATISTIC_DETAIL
    Gamma: putting all together in the mail using ADD_ATT..
    Delta: having a cuba libre, if it works :-)

have fun & cheers,

Wolfgang

• 6.  List of Jobs actually executed in workflow

Posted Mar 23, 2018 12:33 PM
    **** now I  remembered - we had this requirement some time ago....

with a script solution and an SQL solution :-)

https://community.automic.com/discussion/comment/32151#Comment_32151

cheers, Wolfgang

• 7.  List of Jobs actually executed in workflow

Posted Mar 23, 2018 03:58 PM
    Hi DanielGates628573

while my wife was watching boring TV Programs a.k.a. Greys Anatomy I re-wrote the check-children-script and put it into a generic CALL object.

looks like this:

ul2addqi9i2v.jpghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/vj/ul2addqi9i2v.jpg" width="686">

If you are interested in the XMLs pls let me know.

cheers, Wolfgang

• 8.  List of Jobs actually executed in workflow

Posted Mar 26, 2018 03:42 AM
    Hi Wolfgang,

As per usual you have come up trumps ... :) and I have the same issue with my missus and coronation street...

If you have the xml for the above then that would be great if thats ok?

Cheers,

Dan

• 9.  List of Jobs actually executed in workflow
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 26, 2018 04:17 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi Dan

here you go.

there are only 3 config Parameters:

&RECIPIENTS#                         User or email address semikolon seperated, e.g: BRW/SUP;uc4@local.com
    &REMOVE_TRACKVARA#    Should tracking Vara object be removed after the mail was sent. Y/N
    &TRACKVARA_PATH#           UI Path for tracking VARA /JOBS/SCRIPTING/ADVANCED_CHILDREN_REPORT_SEARCH/ADVANCED_CHILDREN_LIST_MAIL_SOLUTION

to keep it simple I put them in variables & Prompts tab of the call object, you can easily adapt or change it to put it into a static VARA to become more generic...

cheers, Wolfgang

Attachment(s)

• 10.  List of Jobs actually executed in workflow

Posted Mar 27, 2018 04:09 AM
    Cheers again Wolfgang, you will truly go to automic heaven :)

• 11.  List of Jobs actually executed in workflow

Posted Mar 27, 2018 04:19 AM
    Hi Dan,

You 're welcome.

I still was there  B)

cheers, Wolfgang