Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  How to use Callapi to trigger a job

Posted Jun 22, 2017 02:39 PM

Hi there!

We have a requirement to run a job in Sailpoint application using Rest based calls. We don't have any such setup in our environment so want some guidance on how to do this. This is a Windows 2008 server and we have a UC4 agent on this server.

Thanks,

Kumar

• 2.  How to use Callapi to trigger a job

Posted Jun 22, 2017 04:49 PM
    Our solution took quite a bit of R&D effort to set up.  We wrote our own web service for invoking CALLAPI and run it on an in-house web server.  This has been a very handy tool that allows all of our applications to directly launch UC4 processes.    However CALLAPI can be a wide open backdoor into your systems, so we designed our web service to only accept the name of an object to launch, a parameter list, and the name of the object to launch must match a white list entry.   I can share its behaviors, but I don't think I can share its source code.  I don't even know where it is!

For a less expensive solution, could Sailpoint write a trigger file?  Or could your UC4 process run once an hour and check for workload?

• 3.  How to use Callapi to trigger a job

Posted Jun 23, 2017 12:55 AM
    Hi KumarRahul605332 ,

The easiest way will be to use our RA Web Service agent to run those REST jobs.

Cheers,
    Alexander

• 4.  How to use Callapi to trigger a job

Posted Jun 23, 2017 11:15 AM
    Ah yes...I thought he meant going the other direction.  Thank you Alexander.

I have used PowerShell to call other services from UC4, but the RA Web Service agent sounds cleaner.