Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Agents linking to Service Manager

Posted Mar 08, 2017 07:59 AM
    Hello Experts,

We are using Service Manager to start AE in our project. Now we are planning to
           1.Include the SAP agents Installed on Automic server to the Service Manager,
           2.Include the OS Agents Installed on other Server to the Service Manager on AE.

For starting the AE we are using the below lines in the UC4.SMD file 

VAR SRV_STARTPATH;/opt/UC4/server/bin
    VAR CP_STARTCMD;*SRV_STARTPATH/ucsrvcp *SRV_STARTPATH/ucsrv.ini -svc%port%
    VAR WP_STARTCMD;*SRV_STARTPATH/ucsrvwp *SRV_STARTPATH/ucsrv.ini -svc%port%
    VAR WP_STARTCMD_COLD;*WP_STARTCMD -parm"StartMode=Cold"
    VAR WP_STARTCMD_STOP;*WP_STARTCMD -parm"SystemStop=Yes"
    VAR WP_STARTCMD_COLDSTOP;*WP_STARTCMD -parm"StartMode=Cold;SystemStop=Yes"
    !
    DEFINE UC4 CP1;*CP_STARTCMD;*SRV_STARTPATH
    DEFINE UC4 CP2;*CP_STARTCMD;*SRV_STARTPATH
    DEFINE UC4 WP1;*WP_STARTCMD;*SRV_STARTPATH;START1=(Coldstart,*WP_STARTCMD_COLD);START2=(Systemstop,*WP_STARTCMD_STOP);START3=(Coldstart with Systemstop,*WP_STARTCMD_COL
    DSTOP)
    DEFINE UC4 WP2;*WP_STARTCMD;*SRV_STARTPATH;START1=(Coldstart,*WP_STARTCMD_COLD);START2=(Systemstop,*WP_STARTCMD_STOP);START3=(Coldstart with Systemstop,*WP_STARTCMD_COL
    DSTOP)
    DEFINE UC4 WP3;*WP_STARTCMD;*SRV_STARTPATH;START1=(Coldstart,*WP_STARTCMD_COLD);START2=(Systemstop,*WP_STARTCMD_STOP);START3=(Coldstart with Systemstop,*WP_STARTCMD_COL
    DSTOP)
    DEFINE UC4 WP4;*WP_STARTCMD;*SRV_STARTPATH;START1=(Coldstart,*WP_STARTCMD_COLD);START2=(Systemstop,*WP_STARTCMD_STOP);START3=(Coldstart with Systemstop,*WP_STARTCMD_COL
    DSTOP)
    DEFINE UC4 WP5;*WP_STARTCMD;*SRV_STARTPATH;START1=(Coldstart,*WP_STARTCMD_COLD);START2=(Systemstop,*WP_STARTCMD_STOP);START3=(Coldstart with Systemstop,*WP_STARTCMD_COL
    DSTOP)
    DEFINE UC4 WP6;*WP_STARTCMD;*SRV_STARTPATH;START1=(Coldstart,*WP_STARTCMD_COLD);START2=(Systemstop,*WP_STARTCMD_STOP);START3=(Coldstart with Systemstop,*WP_STARTCMD_COL
    DSTOP)
    DEFINE UC4 WP7;*WP_STARTCMD;*SRV_STARTPATH;START1=(Coldstart,*WP_STARTCMD_COLD);START2=(Systemstop,*WP_STARTCMD_STOP);START3=(Coldstart with Systemstop,*WP_STARTCMD_COL
    DSTOP)
    DEFINE UC4 Unix-Agent;/UC4/agents/unix/server/bin/ucxjlx6;/opt/UC4/agents/unix/server/bin/ucxjlx6.ini

As far as I know for the Service Manager to start and stop the OS agents installed on other servers uses the 8871 port. The port from UC4 server to target is opened.
    We are using Linux server and agents installed on Linux servers.

Now I need the lines to be included in UC4.SMD  file for SAP agents and OS Agents stop and start.
    Please help me writing the lines for starting and starting the agents.

Thanks,
    Sreekanth

• 2.  Agents linking to Service Manager

Posted Mar 08, 2017 09:37 AM
    Basically you need (at least)  one Service Manager instance per OS Server.

if you have AE installed on Server A - you need one Service Manager on Server A for starting AE.
    You can - of course- start agents via Service manger on server A.

if you have server B and Server C with some more agents you will need on server B and C at least one service manager instance as well to thart those agents running on them.

with installation of SMGR you will habe an SMD template you can edit and change to your needs.
    For Beginners its easier to use service manager dialog (the GUI for service manager) to edit the SMD file via this tool.

DOCU:
    SMGR
    https://docs.automic.com/documentation/WEBHELP/English/AWA/11.2/AE/11.2/All%20Guides/help.htm#ucabjj.htm%3FTocPath%3DAdministration%2520Guide%7CInstallation%7CNew%2520Installation%7CInstallation%2520Procedure%7CInstalling%2520the%2520ServiceManager%7C_____1

SMGR DIALOG
    https://docs.automic.com/documentation/WEBHELP/English/AWA/11.2/AE/11.2/All%20Guides/help.htm#ucaazo.htm

• 3.  Agents linking to Service Manager

Posted Mar 08, 2017 09:56 AM
    Hello,

Thanks for your valuable comments. 

Can we not maintain one Service Manager and connect the agents to other server via port 8871 and handle them.
    In have seen somewhere in the architecture diagram regarding the connection of Service Manager on server A to an agent on Server B via 8871.

If the connection is not possible what is the purpose of port 8871.

Please correct me if am wrong

Thanks,
    Sreekanth

• 4.  Agents linking to Service Manager

Posted Mar 08, 2017 09:59 AM
    Sreekanth said:

Can we not maintain one Service Manager and connect the agents to other server via port 8871 and handle them.
    In have seen somewhere in the architecture diagram regarding the connection of Service Manager on server A to an agent on Server B via 8871.

If the connection is not possible what is the purpose of port 8871.

You can't. As Wolfgang has advised, you need at least one ServiceManager in a box where an Agent is installed.
    Port 8871 can be changed. An open port is needed to communicate between the Automation Engine box and the Service Manager.

• 5.  Agents linking to Service Manager

Posted Mar 08, 2017 10:14 AM
    What you can do is to maintain and overview multiple Service Manager instances with one Service Manager Dialog, also if the Service Manager instances are installed on different machines, therefore you have to add the Hosts to the .ini File of Servicemanager Dialog. Please find here: https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/AWA/11.2/AE/11.2/All%20Guides/help.htm#ucabji.htm

Its not exactly what you try to archive, but as stated by Wolfgang and Christine before, this is not possible, but it could make life easier ;)

• 6.  Agents linking to Service Manager

Posted Mar 08, 2017 10:42 AM
    Hello Experts,

Great..!! Thanks for your valuable answers. 
    Yes Mr.Heidinger, life would be easier if handling of agents on different servers is possible from one Service Manager.

I have a challenge in making the entries in UC4.SMD file. I have multiple agents installed on one server. As I wrote in my post. I was able to make entries for CP, WP and one of the Unix agent. But I have multiple SAP and SQL agents installed. 
    Eg : one of my SAP agent is with name SAP_AGENTNAME_111

I generally start the agent using command 
    nohup /usr/bin/java -jar -Xrs -Xmx1024M ucxjr3x.jar -iucxjr3xSAP.ini &

For an SAP agent to be started via service Manager, how do I specify the java path and the memory allocation in uc4.smd file.

Please guide me writing the entries for them.

Thanks,
    Sreekanth

• 7.  Agents linking to Service Manager

Posted Mar 08, 2017 11:06 AM
    Hi @Sreekanth please keep in mind that you can not (or only very complicated) command agents from a servicemanager if the agent is located on a different machine, you can only bundle different servicemanagers over one dialog client.

I m not the most skilled artist, but please bear with my scheme:

2klxspv0mm5o.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/tw/2klxspv0mm5o.png" width="383">

For the question regarding how to write the startpath from a SAP Agent to the servicemanager maybe someone else could contribute the excerpt out of their .smd file, I dont have something here I could share.

• 8.  Agents linking to Service Manager

Posted Mar 08, 2017 12:30 PM

Hi @sreekanth,

You can basically use the same start command you use manually on the Service Manager properties of this agent.

Insert, for example, the following command on the  'command' field of the properties dialog box of this agent:

/usr/bin/java -jar -Xrs -Xmx1024M ucxjr3x.jar -iucxjr3xSAP.ini

Normally, the 'start path' field should be completed with the complete path to the bin directory of the agent. Examples:

/uc4/servicemanager/bin/.../.../agents/sap/bin

/opt/uc4/agents/sap/bin

• 9.  Agents linking to Service Manager

Posted Mar 08, 2017 01:14 PM
    If you open up Service Manager Dialog and add a new Service there, it will ask you for Command and StartPath.

Command is used to start the service. You can use the same command you use to start an agent manually.

Example is for an RA FTP
    zmjo7e9mr1wj.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/sn/zmjo7e9mr1wj.png" width="676">

This will update the UC4.smd file and UC4.smc file in the Service Manager\Bin.

You'll see an entry in the smd file:
    DEFINE RAFTP01;"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_79\bin\java" -jar C:\AE10\Agents\FTP\bin\ucxjcitx.jar disable_cache;C:\AE10\Agents\FTP\bin;

If you want to update the smd file manually, the pattern is:
    DEFINE {Service Name};{Command};{Startath}

If you check the option "Start automatically when the system starts", this updates the UC4.smc file.

From 
    !AIT 0
    !REATE RAFTP01

To
    WAIT 0
    CREATE RAFTP01

OR you can manually add an entry in UC4.smc (eg: SAP_01) if you want your agent to start automatically:
    WAIT 0
    CREATE SAP_01