Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Connect Oracle Retail Agent

Posted Apr 04, 2016 04:35 PM
    Hi All,

The connection for Oracle Retail Agent is done via connect string for RAC DB connect.
    Having this type of connection we supposed to be able to connect the Oracle Agent by switching between 2 DB servers in case of failure of one of them.
    In reality it is not the case.
    We tried to test this scenario by restarting one server, and we have expected to see the Oracle Retail agent been able to switch for the other one DB server.

Can you advise me with the set up?

Thank you,
    Adriana

• 2.  Connect Oracle Retail Agent

Posted Apr 05, 2016 05:35 PM

minc7yt38rme.jpghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/im/minc7yt38rme.jpg" width="877">Adriana,

You can select the Oracle OCI connection type.  Then, configure the tnsnames.ora on that server, as required.

• 3.  Connect Oracle Retail Agent

Posted Apr 06, 2016 09:46 AM
    Hi Steven,

Thank you for your answer.
    We are using Automic version 11.1.1
    Our connection is working well, a little different from your picture: Database type= Oracle and JDBC connection string (please see the picture).
    Our servers are in cluster. What I expected is the fact : one server is down, the OracleRetail Agent is down, the agent to be able to switch and startup on the second server. 
    Please advise with the setup.

Thank you,
    Adriana41yocmvi65r7.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/qs/41yocmvi65r7.png" width="1600">

• 4.  Connect Oracle Retail Agent

Posted Apr 06, 2016 10:45 AM

wl6lxr0wfg2r.pnghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/ds/wl6lxr0wfg2r.png" width="677">

Ah... Okay.  Your are talking about the RA Retail Connection Object, and not the regular CONN object.

To get that to use the RAC, you will have to use your scan-ip and RAC service name in the free form window.  You will need to speak with the consultant that worked with you on the configuration of the system for the best solution to fit your system architecture.

• 5.  Connect Oracle Retail Agent

Posted Apr 08, 2016 09:13 AM
    Hi Steven,

Yes, it is setup like that, in our JDBC connect string we are using the scan-ip RAC service name in the free form window.
    My question is: Do you tested? When a server in cluster is down, the Oracle Retail agent which is using this connection it is becoming active on the second available server in cluster?
    Thank you,
    Adriana

• 6.  Connect Oracle Retail Agent

Posted Apr 08, 2016 09:31 AM

If you are using OS clustering, the RA Retail agent should be installed on the clustered file system.  In a fall-over situation, the cluster file system and service IP will be moved by the OS from the fail node to the standby node.  Then, the cluster service will start the application services on the standby node making it active.  The start sequence for the RA Retail agent should be a service in the cluster application service.

Another way to do it would be to install the RA Retail agent on the local file system.  Then, you would have 2 RA Retail agent in an Automic Agent Group.  Then, you would assign all the Retail job to that group.  Using this scenario, you will not have to deal with the OS cluster, Cluster service IP and file system.  You must ensure that the workflows does not have re-use agent calculation in the Attributes tab.

• 7.  Connect Oracle Retail Agent

Posted Apr 08, 2016 10:32 AM
    Hi Steven,

We are using Automic version 11.1.1 +build.515
    Our system architecture is looking like:
    - the Unix and OracleRetail agents are installed on Oracle Linux Servers (v 6.7) in cluster
    - the Automation Engine is installed on Windows Server 2012
    - the Automic Admin System is installed on Windows Server 2012
    - the Automic Database is installed on SQL Server 2012
    It is doable in our case?
    I have to check the product installation.

Thank you,
    Adriana

• 8.  Connect Oracle Retail Agent

Posted Feb 03, 2017 09:15 AM

HiAdriana Constantinescu,

I am planning to install the agent using a very similar configuration.

Would you have a guide on how to set it up?

I haven't seen anything on the guide for Oracle cluster.

Anyone else able to help on this?

Thank you

• 9.  Connect Oracle Retail Agent

Posted Feb 03, 2017 12:27 PM
    I have customers doing your configuration.  It's a retailer in the USA.  All the Retail related VARA.* objects connects to the Retail database anyways.  So, there should not be any issue.  There may be some date vara objectes that will need to be formatted to using MS SQL server.