Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  How do "Oracle E-Business Suite RA agent" works with distributed Concurrent Managers?

Posted Jan 12, 2017 09:38 PM

How exactly Oracle E-Business Suite RA agent works with distributed Concurrent Managers?

Oracle E-Business Suite RA agent documentation(ver 4.x) explains below related to distributed Concurrent Managers.
    "An Oracle E-Business Suite RA agent must be installed on the primary node with Oracle E-Business
    Suite. For each of the other nodes on which the distributed Concurrent Managers run, an OS agent needs 
    to be purchased and installed."
    "select the Multi Node box"
    "select OS Agent for each Concurrent Manager from the list"
    "and create Login object for all the OS Agent which you installed on EBS servers and then assign same to output scan of the EBS Agent"
    "function of this OS Agent is to allows output on remote nodes(OEBS appserver/conc) to be viewed from the Automic Web Interface and to manage the status of the job"
    https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/ALL/components/RA_ORACLE_EBS/latest/Agent%20Guide/help_en.htm#RA/OEBS/AWI/Specifying_Agent_Parameters.htm%3FTocPath%3DOracle%2520E-Business%2520Suite%2520Administration%7CSpecifying%2520Agent%2520Parameters%7C_____0

If I understand it right, this is how we should install OEBS RA agent and the OS Agent when we have Concurrent Managers distributed on three OEBS AppServers.
    dbhckljr8q0z.png
    * I'm sure that we need OS Agent on wherever we install OEBS RA Agent.

1) I think the below deployment also should work when we have Concurrent Managers distributed on three OEBS AppServers. Can someone confirm me this? 
    ljbcgd25m5le.png

2) Even when there is only one Concurrent Manager, the below deployment should work too. Is that right?
    t76tirnibayu.png

3) If we need to provide high availability to OEBS Jobs , need to have redundent OEBS RA Agents installed. May be on OEBS App Server nodes or a separate set of nodes . Then create Agent Group for OEBS RA Agent nodes and submit OEBS jobs to OEBS Agent Group. Can someone share your experiances on such usecases too?
    mpsdrshho0g5.png

Appreciate your help in advance?

Rgds,
    Indika Peiris

• 2.  How do "Oracle E-Business Suite RA agent" works with distributed Concurrent Managers?

Posted Jan 13, 2017 12:07 PM

Hi Tran-Hoang_Hau_348,
    I created above post to discuss few OEBS RA agent deployment use-cases. Specially when we have distributed Concurrent Managers.

Would you be able to share some thoughts on the three deployment use-cases? perhaps some more usable deployment use-cases that you have tried . 

• 3.  RE: How do "Oracle E-Business Suite RA agent" works with distributed Concurrent Managers?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 22, 2020 10:59 AM
    I have a Similar Question  can someone reply  or direct to any documentation on best practice docs.