Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Objects in Transport Case folder?

Posted Dec 10, 2014 04:23 AM
    Hi Everyone!
    Does anyone know what database table(s) hold information on objects in the Transport Case folder?

For example, we put an object into the Transport Case folder & then run the unload/load utilities to promote them to other clients.

But we'd like to run a database query when all the objects are in the Transport Case folder ready for export, so that we have a list of objects.

I've looked at the db scheme for OH table, but nothing stands out as holding any transport case information.

Any info would be great!

Thanks,
    Colin. 

• 2.  Objects in Transport Case folder?

Posted Dec 10, 2014 04:40 AM
    Actually... I think I've just found it!  "OH_EXPFLAG" on OH gets set to "1" when an object is in the Transport Case folder.

I'm now wondering if by updating the database manually & setting this to "1" would put an object into the TC folder ready for export?

Anyone else tried this?

Thanks,
    Colin.

• 3.  Objects in Transport Case folder?
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 10, 2014 09:15 AM
    Updating the OH_EXPFLAG to "1" in the database will put the object(s) into the Transport Case folder. I've done this many times.  Just be sure to include OH_CLIENT in your update to prevent loading Transport Cases of multiple clients.

• 4.  Objects in Transport Case folder?

Posted Dec 10, 2014 09:22 AM
    Thanks for the response Ray. My own concern about doing this is that it's probably not a supported method by Automic.

• 5.  Objects in Transport Case folder?

Posted Dec 22, 2014 02:39 PM
    Just be careful when you do an update in a Automic's DB table. At first, I was doing exactly the same as you (set the OH_EXPFLAG to 1), but one day, the database was corrupted and I had to recover it from a backup. And Automic's support never recommend to update manually the database...

At the end, I'm using CALLAPI to put objects in the Transport Case instead of updating the database directly.

• 6.  Objects in Transport Case folder?

Posted Oct 13, 2015 07:05 AM
    Apologies if this is obvious but how do you put objects into the Transport Case via the CALLAPI?

• 7.  Objects in Transport Case folder?

Posted Oct 13, 2015 04:34 PM
    I'm on V9 and there are no script functions for adding/removing objects from the TransportCase folder.  So if I had to do this by CALLAPI, I would probably set up an object to manipulate OH_EXPFLAG based upon passed parameters, and I would pass it the name of the object I wanted to manipulate via activate_uc_object() in my CALLAPI script.