Agile Requirements Designer

View Only
  • 1.  How to export Path (Excel Template) with version number?

Posted Dec 18, 2017 06:06 AM

Hello,

Using Excel Template I need to export in Excel (for later Squash integration) path names with this format:

/PROJECT_TestCases/Flowchart_Version/Path_Name

In My Excel Template I tried lots of possibilities without any success, including:

/PROJECT_TestCases/$version_custom_field['The_Version']$/$path_name$

Which gives as a result:

/MonRep//Test Cases 1 - Is Login OK?=False

=> $version_custom_field['The_Version']$ is empty but if I specify it alone in a column I get the right result (1.0.0.0).

Would you have any advice to generate the appropriate Directory/Version/PathName?

Thanks,

Olivier.

• 2.  Re: How to export Path (Excel Template) with version number?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 19, 2017 04:09 PM

Hi Oliver,

Great question.  Now when I review the documentation on this Export to Excel Using Templates -> General Attributes :

General Attributes

KeywordDescription
    $image$Image of the diagram
    $no_nodes$Number of nodes in the diagram
    $no_decisions$Number of decisions in the diagram
    $no_connections$Number of connections in the diagram
    $version_custom_field['']$A list of custom attribute values for each version. Reference the column you want to export within the square brackets.

I think the Keywords that are "valid" are simply the ones in the above list.  Have you tried the expression using simply the variable 'The_Version' ? 

Cheers!
    Les

• 3.  Re: How to export Path (Excel Template) with version number?

Posted Dec 20, 2017 06:06 AM

Hello,

'The_Version' doesn't work. The only way I found to use custom fields is through: $version_custom_field['The_Version']$

It works well when positioned alone in a column of the template file but I don't understand why it doesn't work with a Test/Repository name:

$version_custom_field['The_Version']$      ==> works

/PROJECT_TestCases/$version_custom_field['The_Version']$      => doesn't work

Thanks,

Olivier.

• 4.  Re: How to export Path (Excel Template) with version number?
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 08, 2018 10:06 AM

Hi Oliver, currently it looks like you cannot mix Path-level fields (“test name”) and Version-level fields (“The_version” custom field) in the same Excel cell. We are confirming the behavior with development and should have an update this week.

• 5.  Re: How to export Path (Excel Template) with version number?

Posted Jan 10, 2018 06:31 PM

Development has confirmed that you cannot mix path fields with other fields. Paths are handled before the rest, and the other (non path) tag(s) in the same cells get removed in the process. 

• 6.  Re: How to export Path (Excel Template) with version number?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 09, 2018 05:06 PM

Turns out you can do it! lapol01

1. Create a custom field at the path level
    2. Edit that custom fields value to refer to the version
    3. Refer to that path custom field wherever we need to export it to, including excel. - This also works when mapping to ALM, JIRA, Rally, etc.

I will now show you how to complete each step:

1. Create a custom field at the path level

• Open up the general config, navigate to stored path custom fields, and then add a new one and call it 'Version':

2. Edit that custom field's value to refer to the version

• Now click the edit value button:
    • Set the value to the field 'Version Created':
    • Then save the config.

3. Refer to that path custom field wherever we need to export it to, including excel.

• In a template, use: $stored_path_custom_field['Version']$
    • For ALM, Rally etc, just map an appropriate field to Version - our custom path field.